The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Stars 3 - 02/21/13

Strombone1

Just because a goalie is not a starter in the NHL, in no way dimishes their abilities. There are only 30 odd starters and an infinite number of goalies capable of being in the NHL, its a numbers game. New age goalies are well schooled and technically very good and only thing missing is opportunity. On the plus side, shooters don;t know their weaknesses...advantage, goalie !

Missed the game (combination of a power outage and a meeting lol) but glad we're back to winning

The give and go between Hank and Burrows was sick. Amazing that Henrik knew to expect the pass back from Burr. Anyone else might have just skated right by the net. Aaron Rome was right there but clearly he wasn't anticipating it because he didn't make an effort to get his stick in the way.

And loved the great game of keepaway the Canucks played on that last PP. Just toying with the Stars there! Thanks Makaveli for including that highlight in its entirety. Read about it on twitter and couldn't wait to get home and watch it

Kassian has gotten better at fighting since his last bout with Clowe. I loved the beatdown he put on Roussel and the way he picked him up and continued to pummel him lol.

He needs to play with an edge like the way he fought tonight...

Was hoping he go with Dillion because that guy has been laying some cheap hits on Burrows and the Twins, it was kinda suprising Roussel took Kassian on.

Hopefully there will be a Clowe vs Kassian round 2 in the future.

The Luongo/Schneider debate is getting so old...so many pathetic posters putting all their effort into finding ways to put the other side of the argument down. How about cheering for the team as a whole rather than focusing all your energy into the negatives. I personally like Schneider but I'm a fan of the TEAM will always want the players to succeed, whereas some of the pathetic posters on this site are actively hoping the side they don't support fails.

One play really stuck out to me yesterday. It was Garrison and I think Ballard defending a 2 on 2 rush.

Ballard is with the puck carrier and Garrison is with the other forward.

Garrison then all of a sudden leaves his man and goes to the puck carrier that Ballard is already engaged with leaving the other forward wide open/

The puck carrier tried to pass it off to the open man but Garrison was just able to get his stick on it in time.

What the hell was he thinking?

I've never seen a d-man completely abandon his check on a 2 on 2 before (UNLESS the puck carrier beat his d-partner)

Maybe I'm being overly critical... I was also upset that many times during PK, Garrison had the puck on the end boards, his teamates yell "time" meaning he has got lots of time to clear it and then he just rings it low along the boards which gets kept in at the blue line) I noticed this on 2 occasion.

I would think with his hard slapshot, he would just slap it high along the glass which would be much easier to clear

But then again I noticed that happens to a lot of our Dman like Hamhuis as well...

Archived