The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Stars 3 - 02/21/13

Strombone1

Now that Ballard is playing the right side. For the D pairs, how about this:

Hamhuis - Ballard

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard has played like our best D-man, and putting him with Hammer would be great since he can play defense well unlike Hammer's partner tonight & if Ballard isn't completely comfortable on the right side, putting him with our most reliable defensive defenseman would give us/him a nice added saftey net aswell.

Edler and Tanev were solid, and I thought Bieksa played his best with Garrison (Also though Garrison was solid with Juice)

Luongo was screened on the floater goal against St. Louis. People called that weak. Screens don't matter unless it's the goalie you like that gets scored on. Goalies should always be prepared, especially if the puck is around the net. I wouldn't blame Schneider on it because of the turnover but it's not like he was prepared. He fell asleep a little too. And it really looks like Edler hit it away with his stick on the 'great save', so. If that great save is really the saving grace for two weak goals and an .880 save %, not so sure that 'he played solid' argument can really hold up.

How about Luongo in the shootout?

also ya .880 isn't a great stat he made the saves to keep us in the game until the offense took over also maybe the fans should be looking at the numerous scoring chances they have been giving up for the past 4 games and be happy we have only given up 15 goals cause it could of been alot worse especially the chicago game which we had no business to be in

Decent win. Sedins are finding their stride, and Burrows looks real good too. He sets up an amazing screen ... to my great dissatisfaction though, he has a knack for cancelling out the PP a lot, and it's not even entirely his fault b/c the refs clearly dislike him for his reputation.

Another issue with Burrows on the PP is that in order to keep Kesler with the Sedins, you have to leave Daniel on the point -- not ideal as it makes us more prone to make a bad pinch (the Blackhawks especially exploited the weak defense b/c of that). Plus, you don't have another booming point shot that acts as a decoy for Edler, although again, that screen helps make D shots more effective so there are benefits that go along with that disadvantage.

Booth looked really good, once he gets the timing right he'll be a force when he plays like this. No complaints about his game at all. Perhaps he could develop some chemistry with Schroeder feeding him passes.

Kesler, OTOH, is still way off. He's simply doesn't pass the puck enough, and his wrister is too predictable and inaccurate.

The D pairs looked better after the changes made, except Hamhuis-Bieksa are underperforming in their own end and they need to clean that up. Hopefully they rekindle their chemistry.

On the bright side, Bieksa has been on fire right now. Ever since the sharks series, I've realized that while KB3 is a streaky player, he's a dominant offensive defenseman when he's on his game. Hopefully we get enough out of him in the playoffs like we did then.

Looking forward to Nashville tomorrow - this can still end up being a very successful road trip, all we need is a tighter defense.

didn't answer my question and don't put words in my mouth didn't say he played great said he was solid and earned us the win and made a huge save not edler but schneider made a huge save ya get gave up a goal he would like to have back but the people faulting him on the other 2 goals need to give their heads a shake

the 2nd goal he was screened no goalie is stopped that

the 3rd goal kesler made a horrible giveaway in front of his goalie again no goalie is going to stop that

and you can me troll that's a first all you have done here in every gdt and pgt is post how every single goal he should of had and if we lose its all his fault

Now that Ballard is playing the right side. For the D pairs, how about this:

Hamhuis - Ballard

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard has played like our best D-man, and putting him with Hammer would be great since he can play defense well unlike Hammer's partner tonight & if Ballard isn't completely comfortable on the right side, putting him with our most reliable defensive defenseman would give us/him a nice added saftey net aswell.

Edler and Tanev were solid, and I thought Bieksa played his best with Garrison (Also though Garrison was solid with Juice)

How about Luongo in the shootout?

also ya .880 isn't a great stat he made the saves to keep us in the game until the offense took over also maybe the fans should be looking at the numerous scoring chances they have been giving up for the past 4 games and be happy we have only given up 15 goals cause it could of been alot worse especially the chicago game which we had no business to be in

I laughed at Luongo on the Oshie chance. Schneider got lit up in hit shootouts as well. Shootouts are not for us, and I don't even blame either goalie, I strongly dislike our shooters. I have said for years our defense blows. People are just now seeming to realize it. Whenever our defense changed after 06 to be 'more offensive' we started to give up tons of scoring chances very often. People blamed Luongo because it was easier. It continued. Now Schneider is having the same issues with the defense in front of him and people finally take notice. I always said "a bunch of average defenders doesn't = good defense. It = average defense." Looks nice on paper and on NHL games, but we get exposed often.

Archived