The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 - Stars 3 - 02/21/13

Strombone1

Man even though Kesler got 2 assists he directly caused 2 of Dallas' goals. First Dallas goal he had it 2 feet from the blue line to get it out and turns it over, then loses the puck in front of the net for their third goal. I knows he's just returned but man he has to get those kinda plays out of his game. He's normally so defensively sound?

that's funny saying he came back to soon he looked pretty great his first game back i will admit he had a bad game tonight with his brutal giveaway could of easily been a turning point if there had been a 4th goal but there is no way i will say he came back too early again he just needs to get his timing back for passing and shooting and he will be great again and there is no way to do that except in actual games

Man even though Kesler got 2 assists he directly caused 2 of Dallas' goals. First Dallas goal he had it 2 feet from the blue line to get it out and turns it over, then loses the puck in front of the net for their third goal. I knows he's just returned but man he has to get those kinda plays out of his game. He's normally so defensively sound?

great game good effort. 2 bad goals for Schnide one Kes was equally to blame for so 1.5 bad goals its reasonable to start Luo in the next game but overall great game by Schnider and the team. Kass looked much improved playing without the puck. Sedins are finding their game again with Burr. I didn't think Schredder had a great game but I'm still a believer that he can be a great player for us. Kesler NEEDS a few more games but congrats on the points.

you know what sux? last 6 games against backup/3rd string goalies.. and we are 3-1-2 =\ wasted a valuable 4 points :( which could be the difference between 2nd or 3rd seed.. doesn't matter for the 1st round but it could mean no more home ice after the first round

maybe next time kass is in a fight with a guy wearing a visor he should rip his helmet off im not so sure any of his punches hit anything but plastic and was very surprised he didnt have an ice pack on his hand. roussel is pale and he didnt have 1 red mark on his face going to the box.

ok not wanting to start it all over again but ordinary again? he played great against chicago and stole us that point

also schneider could of put up a 50 save shutout performance tonight and luongo would of been playing tomorrow and its not even because of a back to back more so we have been alternating goalies pretty much all season

schnieder has 514 minutes

luongo has 478 minutes

pretty interesting that we haven't leaned on one goalie so far i wonder what happens with the playoffs its nice to know that we have 2 starters

Solid game by the defense partners. Garrison with his best game to date......love the shot.

2nd line looked sloppy......Kesler gonna need a couple weeks to sharpen things up.

Kassian seems to be getting the message that he needs to make his presence felt. Gonna be a beast in playoffs this year.

Watching our game right now I believe there's a disconnect between the D and Forwards. AV's game plan of stretch passes or dumping of pucks instead of short controlled passes is going to hurt this team long term and leaves us chasing for possession all too often. There is no way we should be getting outshot by a team like Dallas. The 2011 Team was able to control the tempo and pace to most games while this team seems to do just enough to get results. Hopefully in a few weeks with all our top forwards healthy we begin to see dominance by more than just the Sedins.

a point was made a couple days ago on live at the score about having 2 good goalies worked great for st louis until the playoffs if u can go into the playoffs with both playing well its fine but it take 2 bad games befor the playoffs and 1 loss to start the playoffs to have it all crumble. a goalie needs to be on a roll heading into the playoffs and keep it going .. if they struggle down the stretch and you dont know who your #1 is come playoffs it could be a mess just like st louis .

I find it extremely concerning that people think that Luongo should start simply because his save percentage is higher. There is no way in hell we would have got a point in the Chicago game if Luongo was in net. Schneider was incredible. Although Schneider wasn't completely on his game today he did his job. You can't blame him on Kesler's stupid play. So really he only let in 2.

Getting off the goaltending. Being a new player in a system can be challenging. It's clear that Garrison hasn't had a lot of confidence since joining the Canucks. It's a real positive that he started to shoot. He needs to be on the powerplay instead of Edler.

You missed the point of my post. I wasn't really talking about the merits of Luongo starting tomorrow, rather I was making the point that Luongo likely starting tomorrow doesn't need to be debated or discussed, nor does Schneider's performance. I was ultimately trying to say that we can sum up Schneider's performance in one sentence, whether you think he was bad, good, or ordinary, and we can probably surmise that Luongo will get the start tomorrow and that's it. No need to go on for pages and pages about anything goaltending related.

Archived