The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

can David Booth be used as trade bait?

yete

we all know what the Canucks need that's a legit sniper/ game changer

still the canucks lack in a game changer.....

I don't get the point of having this guy on the team

it seems like he is out of touch .......before you say oh he just got back give him time

how much time does he need to adjust to the System

last years playoffs when it really matters he was a -1 in 5 games against the kings

so bottom line I don't see the point in having booth on the team hes another kesler why do we need two players like this

darn it gillis get a sniper!

not sure what we could get for him coming back from injury and even before his injury wasn't playing the greatest

the problem i see though is we have ballard and booth with 4 million plus contracts that we all know can't be here next year with the cap going down you know both of them are on the way out im wondering if gillis will move them both at the trade deadline or off season

wtf is it with people ragging on booth? He's playing his heart out every shift and getting sh*t done. What do you want from the guy? He's a great guy and you can obviously tell from all the interviews. He's always got a smile on his face in the locker room and you can tell that everybody loves having him around. He skates with speed, and always looks dangerous when he's flying down the wing. He also stands up for teammates when need be and lately he's been throwing his weight around like a translink bus. If everybody shows as much heart as he does game in and game out we'd be on top of the league.

it seems like he is out of touch .......before you say oh he just got back give him time

last years playoffs when it really matters he was a -1 in 5 games against the kings

so bottom line I don't see the point in having booth on the team hes another kesler why do we need two players like this

This post is exactly why I watch more Canucks tv,and avoid the forum. What the heck kind of crap thread is this?lol

Why don't you throw the rest of the team under the bus while your at it. Ffs,2 games after injury,and Booth played good tonight.

Disgusting lack of faith thread.

Booth is quite a good player, and I am looking forward to him providing a lot of offense this season. I do not see him getting traded any time soon.

This being said he, and some of the other forwards, are candidates to be traded. Because of his $4+ million contract, Booth is a valid target. If he could be moved in a package which returned a younger, cheaper and potentially as talented player, wouldn't you move Booth?

Other forwards could also be moved. For example, Higgins and Raymond will be UFA's next season. While I like both of these guys and I believe they will be usefull to have in the playoffs, if the right circumstances came along I would move them. I would stress that the trade would have to help the team in a way that these guys do not. Perhaps they would be moved to add depth to the center or defense.

I don't see it as wanting them gone as much as assessing what kind of assets could they return here which could help the team in the playoffs.

regards,

G.

What's wrong with Booth? Last year he was just hitting his stride when he got hurt. AV is still easing him in and after 2 games played he looks just fine.

Thank God the Canucks GM is well measured and isn't an impulsive "Quick Draw McGraw".

Personally, I consider Booth to be a yardstick with respect to a possible goaltender trade. He'll be a reliable 20+ goal man who creates space and grief for the opposition with his speed. In other words, he's a keeper. In my opinion, this year, if a goaltender trade represents and uprgrade on Booth, then it is worth the trade. Otherwise, stand pat (given the mature behavior of Lou & Sn).

Do other people think that the Canucks, as they are now, have more to give than they showed against the Hawks? I do.

What is the liklihood of getting a player for Louie or Schneids who has more impact than Booth?

The team who is rolling along at around the 42 - 48 game mark, and in the playoff picture, is the team that looks good for the cup. They won game 16 tonight......so far so good.

Archived