The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

can David Booth be used as trade bait?

yete

I like Booth's game - and I think he was a good fit with Schroeder and Raymond last night - however, imo Hansen fits even better on that line.

With the current roster, it is difficult to find a good fit for Booth - despite his and Kesler's injuries and the fact they haven't really had much time where they're healthy and playing together, it's still a little difficult to imagine the two developing great chemistry. Raymond could still be a good setup type player on that line, with Higgins going back to the wing with Hansen and Schroeder - but that then leaves Kassian out of the mix and on the fourth line. Personally I'm probably more inclined to consider Higgins a top six than most people on these boards, and with Kesler, those are two guys that are difficult to play against - with more scoring punch added to the bottom six, I think it's a good trade off.

When it comes down to who's the odd man out - between Higgins, Booth and Raymond, it's a tough decision imo, particularly when cap considerations are taken into account. If Raymond and Higgins were to re-sign to terms comparable to what they are currently making, I don't think it's out of the question that Booth could be moved for a center or RW, particularly if a Luongo deal doesn't appear to be materializing.

I could see a deal like Booth and Weise for Chris Neil and Zack Smith being a move that could work for both teams.

The Sens are very thin at LW, and even moreso without Michalek - they have considerable young wealth at C - and Weise could bridge the loss of Neil.

If Booth were to be moved, imo it should be to add a depth RW like Neil, and a young depth center (Smith is also a good young faceoff guy and strong physical presence) - Booth's power and upside would be missed, but imo we'd be adding strength where needed. The fourth line becomes a line with even more physical presence (add 400+ hits to the lineup), but also a couple affordable players who combined for 27 goals and 54 points last year (and I'm always a fan of having 5 centers in the lineup).

Booth may be the value it would take, without crippling the depth on the roster - with the young Canucks rookies playing well, and Jensen knocking on the door, I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of cap shed.

Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Smith/Lapierre Neil

Volpatti (Jensen)

If MG trades either of our goalies to a division rival he should be fired. Van would pay for that trade for a long time.

And, Yete...what a twit. Yeah, let's trade a guy two games after he has returned from an injury. Ever heard of giving a guy a chance to get into game shape? Stunning.

Playoff's games are way different than the games played in the regular season, he never played in the playoffs before.

Mike Cammalleri, 1st time in the playoffs, in 6 games with the Flames, he only scored one goal, the year after, 2010, the Habs lost in 5 in the Conference Finals against the Flyers, they played 19 games. The night the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, with his 13 goals, nobody scored more goal than him in the 2010 playoffs. In 2011 he scored 3 goals in 7 games against the Bruins.

One bad playoffs don't mean you are going to be bad for the rest of your career.

But if you want to talk about trade, we need to win now because our core isn't getting younger and we have to cut about 8m$ of our payroll for the next season.

Key name in the trade(GM are their to make it fair by adding draft pick and prospect)

Vancouver Canucks trade

- David Booth(4,25m$ 2 other seasons)

- Cory Schneider(4m$ 2 other seasons)

for

Calgary Flames give

- Michael Cammalleri(6m$ 1 other season)

Canucks

They receive a guy who can score goals in the playoffs, what they missed in the previous years, remember only 8 goals in the Stanley Cup Playoffs 2 years ago. We also cut 2,25m$ for the next season, knowing Malhotra's career is over, he won't be back, his 2,5m$ is gone to, so if we don't won the Cup this year, we would only have to cut about 3,25m$, so we could keep about the same group of players. No more goalie controversies.

Flames

They give a top 6 fowards and they receive one so, they don't lose too much, they spend less money on a foward and they add an extra contract year. In net, they get a way younger in Schneider(27 in a month), Kiprusoff(36), on their payroll they cut about 2m$, they also add an extra contract year. In my mind Kiprusoff is way better than what we saw in the previous seasons, he's just on a really bad team, so if he get healty in time for the trade deadline he could be really interesting for teams who aren't 100% about their keeper situation. One other year left to his contract, so if he do a good job they could keep him, on the business side he would only cost them 1,5m$, if not, they could remove his 5,8m$ from their payroll with one of ther 2 "free buyout".

I know they are our division rival, but take that out of your mind and I'm sure business side you'll be fine with that deal, of course it's a gamble, but we are there, we don't have too much time left for a Stanley Cup with our actual group.

There is a reason why we got him .. The powers that be knew he had an upside . We truly havent seen enough of him to know if he can show that consistency or not .. if he can get a little confidence going ,and with a little more patience we just may see his trade value go up .. right now I dont think you'd get much for him

Im still stumped why we signed this over priced wanna be, now its on our head cause I dont see any other team out there dumb enough to tie up 4+ mill on this guy..

But hey this is the same management that let Salo walk with his 3rd in league +/-, to sign garrison who will never ever fill salo's shoes.. and the reason why edler sucks this year, no steady salo

Im still stumped why we signed this over priced wanna be, now its on our head cause I dont see any other team out there dumb enough to tie up 4+ mill on this guy..

But hey this is the same management that let Salo walk with his 3rd in league +/-, to sign garrison who will never ever fill salo's shoes.. and the reason why edler sucks this year, no steady salo

we all know what the Canucks need that's a legit sniper/ game changer

still the canucks lack in a game changer.....

I don't get the point of having this guy on the team

it seems like he is out of touch .......before you say oh he just got back give him time

how much time does he need to adjust to the System

last years playoffs when it really matters he was a -1 in 5 games against the kings

so bottom line I don't see the point in having booth on the team hes another kesler why do we need two players like this

darn it gillis get a sniper!

Archived