55 replies to this topic

#31 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

Kind of think Clutterbuck is a tool but you don't like to see that happen to anyone out there.

Hopefully the NHL wheel of justice finds some sort of suitably random punishment.

#32 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

That was hip-to-knee, definately no intent to injure so less than 5 games. Considering its his first time he'll probably get 3 games.
Posted Image

#33 Cakeman

Cakeman

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

I can't imagine the uproar in Oiler country if it had been Clutterbuck doing the same to Hall. This smacks so much of a repeat of Steve Moore, except this time it's the 'star player' hitting the 4th liner.....if Hall doesn't get a big suspension the NHL will be saying they don't care about this sort of play.

What will be a sure bet is March 3rd, when the teams meet again in Minnesota....if Hall is in the lineup, he will turtle on the ice in the fetal position if the Minnesota anthem singer offers to fight him.

#34 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Oof, that looked terrible.

I don't think Hall's a dirty player, and I honestly don't think his intent was to injure him. Looks like a hipcheck gone horribly awry, but at the end of the day, it is still a reckless play.

He'll probably get a few games, but no more than 5.

RIP LB RR PD

#35 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hall plays irresponsibly both ways .. he will have a short career, and now Clutterbuck's career may be shortened as well .. totally preventable .. Hall turned and lead with his knee .. expect him to get a fine and then a major arse kicking if he is man enough to play in Minnie ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#36 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,921 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

That was pretty damn dirty. But I am now a bigger fan of Taylor Hall.

F Clutterbuck.
Posted Image

#37 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,669 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Very very late hit, the knee on knee may have been an accident but the late hit wasn't. I think he deserves around 5 games.

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#38 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

He's turning into a cheep $%^&.
Posted Image

#39 jannik freaking hansen

jannik freaking hansen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I think the most damning piece of evidence is the fact that even if Hall's hipcheck had gone right, it's still interference. I don't think it would be reasonable for anyone to expect a chip-out to be corralled on the first bounce, which would have been the only way Clutterbuck would have possession at the time the hit was made. I've watched this ten times now and the puck was literally two feet in front of the direction Hall was moving until he changed direction to finish the hit. That being said I think he could get one to two games for being reckless and because Clutterbuck was injured; which we know the NHL takes into account (probably to soothe rabid fanbases and owners looking for blood). Although if the roles were reversed I could see Cal getting 5+.

#40 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

wrong call on the ice nowhere close to being a knee on knee like others have said its a late dirty hip check there is no reason for hall to go out of his way to hit him like that i hope he gets suspended but i won't be surprised if he doesn't

#41 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

reckless play. i'd see 1-3 games for that
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#42 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I don't think that was deliberate. I think he just meant to hip check him, but failed in his execution. That being said, if you're going to throw a hip check you better make sure you deliver one cleanly and don't lead with your knee or target someone else's. I don't think it was deliberately dirty, but it was unnecessarily reckless. And for that, I'd say 2 games.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#43 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Ridiculously dirty.

6 games for Hall would be sufficient. Clutterbuck would end up with 8 if it was the other way around.

I bet he gets 2/3. The NHL and Shanaban are a sickening joke.

Edit: You know what? After a 3rd, 4th and 5th viewing it does look like Hall was going for a clean hipper. I don't see the knee come out much if at all. I don't know what to think and predict with suspensions anymore. What's legal and what's not? Only God knows.

Edited by CookieCrumbs, 22 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#44 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,199 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I didn't think it was too bad, certainly not an intent to injure, in my opinion. Being the hitter he is, CC should know to keep his head up in the neutral zone. He got caught doing the same thing he catches other players doing all the time.......watching the puck. He'll probably get 2-3 games, but I can't see much more than that.

#45 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Ridiculously dirty.

6 games for Hall would be sufficient. Clutterbuck would end up with 8 if it was the other way around.

I bet he gets 2/3. The NHL and Shanaban are a sickening joke.

Edit: You know what? After a 3rd, 4th and 5th viewing it does look like Hall was going for a clean hipper. I don't see the knee come out much if at all. I don't know what to think and predict with suspensions anymore. What's legal and what's not? Only God knows.

yeah that's the thing with the hit.. in real-time, it looks like it might have been knee-knee... but the more you look at it in slow motion, the less "knee" and the more "hip" is seen. I do think it was interference (late hit) but not enough to warrant 5+ games. Let me rephrase.. I'd be a little surprised if it was 5+ games but I'm expecting maybe 1-2 games.

#46 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,669 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I didn't think it was too bad, certainly not an intent to injure, in my opinion.  Being the hitter he is, CC should know to keep his head up in the neutral zone.  He got caught doing the same thing he catches other players doing all the time.......watching the puck.  He'll probably get 2-3 games, but I can't see much more than that.

But the puck wasn't even close to him, so why should he be expecting a hit when he didn't have the puck?

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#47 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Can't stand Hall.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#48 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hall's infraction, IMO, was not kneeing, it was interference... hip to femur away from the puck and very late. It was also a dirty, gutless, blatant attempt to injure another player. He deserves 3 games, minimum.

I agree with the first sentence, but absolutely not with the second (or really the third).

I can see it being called reckless, although that's not the word I would use but it certainly was a play where Hall has to see Clutterbuck doesn't get possession of the puck and he has to try and avoid hitting him. I don't think you can put that as a blatant attempt to injure since Hall does keep his legs under his body rather than extend one out to clip a guy who he's going to miss otherwise. Hall only missed the upper body since Clutterbuck was leaning so far away from him and it was more that Clutterbuck's legs are sticking out.

I can see it being a fine or game for it being a dangerous play where there wasn't clear possession, but this isn't anywhere near close to Keith's elbow last year, or any similar hit that resulted in 5 games or more.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#49 rb4u

rb4u

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

What goes around comes around. Happy that Hall used up is free pass is will henceforth be known as a repeat offender.

#50 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,199 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

But the puck wasn't even close to him, so why should he be expecting a hit when he didn't have the puck?

The puck was within a stick length of him.......in real time, it''s a bang banf play. Not saying he shouldn't have been penalized, or that he shouldn't get a game or two, but it wasn't that bad of a play. I've seen Clutterbuck hit guys much later than that.

Live by the sword, die by the sword Cal

#51 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

picture hall in a hawks jersey and the board would be calling for 20+
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#52 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hate to break it to you guys, but i time the contact of his skate to puck @ .25 seconds and the puck didnt reach another minnisota player, so it isnt interferance. It isnt charging. He doesnt extend a knee but catches him with his hip, so no kneeing. He didnt lowbridge him so it isnt clipping.

Im not sure there is a rule you can use to apply to this perticular nasty hit. Can the blindside rule be applied here?

Edited by derr12, 22 February 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#53 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

TEAM1040
Per many tweets: Taylor Hall has been suspended two games.

Well, there it is.

Edited by elvis15, 22 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#54 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Anyone else have a feeling that if this was bur kes bieksa lappy or hansen that this would be a 4 gamer?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#55 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Reckless, late, dirty. Hall is looking at him the WHOLE time, I mean sure the puck goes into his skates but he clearly had no intention of playing it

I don't like Clutterbuck but you NEVER want that kind of hit on anyone. Yes ANYONE.

Anyone except rate face in Boston of course.
Posted Image

#56 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hall got off easy, possibly because Clutterbuck didn't get an ACL. From Shanny's video replays from different angles that hit was very dirty, knee stuck right out and aiming low. Kerry Fraser compared it to Bryan Marchment's career altering accomplishments in the past. And you have to be outright dirty to be compared to Marchment.

He couldn't easily gave Clutterbuck a shoulder to shoulder but he chose to go down, leading with his knee. That's nasty. If it was Matt Cooke that would've been a 10 game suspension no question.

Edited by CB007, 22 February 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.