Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Provost

[Waivers] Islanders Place Dipietro on Waivers

141 posts in this topic

The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you!!! I must defend the honor of Wang and Chung!

Probably grasping at the last straw before buyout. Doubt anyone takes him. we're having a tough enough time moving an all star thats playing some of his best hockey right now because of the length. Question mark goalie at 2.75?? would still be a bad move for any team.

I guess this might make them for from speculated possible player to a serious player in luongo/schneider discussions. Garth snow makes alot of head scratcher moves too, this is very good news for us haha. Being a former goalie you would think he might have a higher regard and appreciation for lou than most other gm's as well.

This is the mystery team and this is the do something with a player... ::D

The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you!!! I must defend the honor of Wang and Chung!

Not going to lie. I kinda forgot about him. <_<

Probably one of the worst 1st overall picks of all time + worst contract of all time.

This is the mystery team and this is the do something with a player... ::D

I'm surprised that they don't just send him home so that he doesn't get hurt again which would allow for a buyout in the summer.

My gut for a long time now was the Islanders trying trade Dipietro to make way for Luongo.

Niño coming back plus others?

I'm surprised that they don't just send him home so that he doesn't get hurt again which would allow for a buyout in the summer.

Wasn't Thomas' contract $0 impact for NYI but helped with the cap floor?

Saving 33% on DiPetro is still saving 33% that can be spent elsewhere.

66% wasted is still bad.

More than any other team making a Luongo trade with NYI is exciting.

Snow and Wang are so unpredictable they might give us a dream trade.

With the new CBA, Islanders can park DiPietro in the AHL and still get most of his cap hit ($3.6M) applied to their books.

Also, when he's injured, his salary's covered by insurance. So there's no reason for the Isles to buy him out.

This is the ridiculous contract that MG should have taken note of before signing Luongo to his absurdly large contract, IMO. This is an example of what happens when a player signs a massive deal and quite frankly busts, injuries notwithstanding.