The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Islanders Place Dipietro on Waivers

Provost

Wonder if they are in the market for another goalie? Hiller and a few other decent guys could be available.

I can't see NYI buying him out. They don't need to free up cap space and always struggle to hit the cap floor... why spend cash that avoids a cap hit that you need.

Having him play some time in the minors seems like the only logical reasoning. Maybe also hoping for a miracle in someone to pick him up.

If a team could get a really good player out of the deal I'm sure a few teams would take on Dipietro's contract to buyout. 1 million or 1.5 million a year till 2029 is chump change to some teams if they can get a significant player to put them over the top. Even one deep playoff run that a team might not have had would payoff the cost of buying Dipietro out.

I really do think that Dipietro will be able to be traded once the NYI agree to absorb 50% of his cap hit/salary.

Yes, they will pay in assets to achieve this. They do, however, have a very strong young base and quality prospects in their system. If they can manage it correctly, the timing of the move to Brooklyn with this movement could be paramount.

If the purse strings can be loosened, and the the monies spent wisely, they could be a big splash player for FAs as soon as this offseason.

Well...let's see...it's a long term contract given to a goaltender, which is just ****ing foolish to start with considering the higher risk of injury...Luongo is a goaltender...hmm...who the frack am I supposed to compare it to, Kovalchuk's? Zetterberg's? Last I checked,. those two are actually doing their part to earn their contracts. And they're forwards. I was not comparing the players or what they've done in their careers at all...not by a long shot...are you sure your name shouldn't be PLAGUE...because you're certainly PLAGUING me right now, even before I've had my coffee, ass.

I really do think that Dipietro will be able to be traded once the NYI agree to absorb 50% of his cap hit/salary.

Yes, they will pay in assets to achieve this. They do, however, have a very strong young base and quality prospects in their system. If they can manage it correctly, the timing of the move to Brooklyn with this movement could be paramount.

If the purse strings can be loosened, and the the monies spent wisely, they could be a big splash player for FAs as soon as this offseason.

Archived