The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's our Jeff Carter?

Socrates

Perry. Maybe even Ryan but I think Perry will be easier to trade for seeing as he's a Ufa this coming off season.

Perry, Fowler for juice/hamhuis and j.shro and 2 2nd rounders?

I love kb to death but ducks are competing this year. Trade has to make sense for both teams

Edit... prolly not Fowler. Maybe sbisa?

Booth would do well with the Sedins given some time with them; which would elevate his game back to his old 30+ goal form. If Kassian can find chemistry with them, I'm sure Booth could as well. Although Burrows is still their best suited line mate.

Perry. Maybe even Ryan but I think Perry will be easier to trade for seeing as he's a Ufa this coming off season.

Perry, Fowler for juice/hamhuis and j.shro and 2 2nd rounders?

I love kb to death but ducks are competing this year. Trade has to make sense for both teams

Edit... prolly not Fowler. Maybe sbisa?

Classic CDC logic:

1) The LA Kings traded for Jeff Carter in 2012

2) The LA Kings won the Stanley Cup in 2012

3) The Canucks want to win the Stanley Cup in 2013

4) Therefore, the Canucks should trade for Jeff Carter in 2013

5) Oh wait, Jeff Carter plays for the LA Kings, and he won't be traded

6) Therefore, the Canucks should trade for a player who is similar to Jeff Carter

7) Who is a player who is similar to Jeff Carter?

Discuss.

That offer would not even get us Perry alone, and you are talking about throwing in another player on top of it?

Perry may be a upcoming UFA, and may be having a slow season, but he is still one of the top wingers and goal scorers in the league.

Will throw a "dark horse" choice on the table: Byfuglien.  But I would use him as a forward, not as a D.

Toughness, scoring touch, part of a team that is less likely to make the playoffs.  

They need a goalie for sure (Pavelec is currently ranked #29 of 43).  But since Luongo will probably not want to go to Winnipeg, the goalie idea may not work if Gillis wants CS to stay.

Archived