The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Would you trade Nicklas Jensen?**

carlweezer

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler

Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years

Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins

Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.

Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.

Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)

Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player

Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

Do you think Dallas regrets trading away Iginla?

If it's the right move, I would trade anybody.

No. Why would we trade our best prospect when our pool is already as dry as it is?

Who cares about our prospect pool, whats the point of it? so that we can float in mediocrity and 2nd round exits for the next 10 years??? those prospects are suppose to help us win a cup in 7 years, or we can trade them and they can help us win a cup now when we have legitimate top flight world class players on our team

By all Reports from Canes fans, Semin is far from what you are saying. More blown up by the media and he is playing extremely well from all the games I have watched. He back checks hard.

I would do it for Semin or Kane. Everyone else on that list is meh.

Canes wouldn't look to move him just bc they will lose him for nothing...they gained him for nothing either...only on CDC will there be great assumptions. Ahhh yes.

It would depend on who we're getting back. Personally I wouldn't do that trade for any of the players you mentioned.

Those players are fair value, if you are looking for the next tier, which is the superstars then we are certainly going to have to give up more than David Booth coming off injury and a late 1st round draft pick

No. We don't have any great needs now and he looks to become a good player in the not so distant future.

We dont have any great needs???? to be honest with you i think this is still the same team that we've put out there there last 3-4 years...no legitimate secondary scoring, we are relying for our blue liners to score every night...

We need a playmaker/ sniper to play with Kesler plus a legit 4th line penalty kill type of player to play over Weise or Volps....someone like like Brandon Prust. obvs not Prust tho cuz MTL loves him

We dont have any great needs???? to be honest with you i think this is still the same team that we've put out there there last 3-4 years...no legitimate secondary scoring, we are relying for our blue liners to score every night...

We need a playmaker/ sniper to play with Kesler plus a legit 4th line penalty kill type of player to play over Weise or Volps....someone like like Brandon Prust. obvs not Prust tho cuz MTL loves him

We will most likely get one from a goalie trade.

Not interested in throwing him into a deal - he's the real deal - and precisely the type of player we need in the system.

you dont think the KINGS thought Brayden Schenn is the realy deal?? dude is an amazing player...but was traded for eff Carter who helped them win the cup

Sure, anyone's tradeable for the right price. But O'Reilly? Really? A player that has never scored even 60 points in the league but won't sign for less than Sedin money and demands to be made captain? He can stay in the KHL as far as I'm concerned. As for the rest of the crew you mentioned, no chance that Calgary trades Iginla to the Canucks, especially not for Jensen. Pominville is not getting traded, neither is Marleau. I'd say Kane would be the best option on your list, and I'll throw in T.J. Oshie in it too. For a guy who is currently nothing more than potential, Kane or Oshie would be a good trade.

Archived