The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Would you trade Nicklas Jensen?**

carlweezer

Sure, anyone's tradeable for the right price. But O'Reilly? Really? A player that has never scored even 60 points in the league but won't sign for less than Sedin money and demands to be made captain? He can stay in the KHL as far as I'm concerned. As for the rest of the crew you mentioned, no chance that Calgary trades Iginla to the Canucks, especially not for Jensen. Pominville is not getting traded, neither is Marleau. I'd say Kane would be the best option on your list, and I'll throw in T.J. Oshie in it too. For a guy who is currently nothing more than potential, Kane or Oshie would be a good trade.

I dont buy the crap ur selling.....Flames wont trade Iginla to the Canucks or to any western rivals?? why not??? You think Iginla will haunt the flames from his retirement home 2 years from now?? You think the Flames would turn it down if the Oilers offered Taylor Hall or RNH???...just like business world, everyone and anyone can be bought. Flames will take the best possible offer even if it comes from the Canucks.

and why exactly would the Blues trade Oshie? Him and Tarasenko and Piets and Shattenkirk are the only guys i see that the franchise can build around..

Chris Stewart, now theres a guy that will get moved once or twice more in his career

and why exactly would the Blues trade Oshie? Him and Tarasenko and Piets and Shattenkirk are the only guys i see that the franchise can build around..

David Perron and Jaden Schwartz?????????? Backes is only 29, Jake Allen is looking promising and Halak is only 27.

They have many guys to build around upfront, on defense and in net.

Why would you trade anything with upside on an entry level contract for anything less than something with upside on a entry level contract.

Risk reward

It doesn't cost us to develop him but it may cost us to trade him.

And why is this in Canucks talk and even more shocking why hasn't elvis15 told you so

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)

and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC

I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)

and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC

I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

So we get Kane then put him with a center that won't let him touch the puck? What's the point?

We dont have any great needs???? to be honest with you i think this is still the same team that we've put out there there last 3-4 years...no legitimate secondary scoring, we are relying for our blue liners to score every night...

We need a playmaker/ sniper to play with Kesler plus a legit 4th line penalty kill type of player to play over Weise or Volps....someone like like Brandon Prust. obvs not Prust tho cuz MTL loves him

While I agree we've been relying on our D for scoring more than we should (though having legit scoring D is a huge asset on the PP...and Bieksa scoring on a breakaway gave me a fangasm!), I'm more concerned with getting the guys we have to play up to their potential. In reality, I don't think our scoring is all that bad. The first line is producing again now that Burrows has been reuinited with the twins and Kes has only played 4 games but already has 4 points and is generally looking good. And Booth looked pretty good last night even if he didn't score. I expect soon (tonight?) he'll be back on the line with Kesler and Higgins. So, as long as Booth and Kesler can remember to pass from time to time, that line should be good to go.

And I wouldn't be so quick to discount the Schroeder/Raymond/Hansen line either. They're still working out the chemistry but we've already seen some nice plays from them. (Raymond, by the way, has 9 points, only one less than Burrows.) I expect we'll continue to see good play out of that line and hopefully decent point production.

Actually, we only have 3 players without points this year: Manny, Ebbet and Booth. Given that Booth's only played 2 games, I fully expect him to be off that list and onto the score sheet soon.

And I have no problem with our fourth line to be honest. Even if I did, I wouldn't trade away a future 1st or 2nd line goal scorer to get a 4th line hulk now.

Our biggest problem isn't one that a plug and play player will fill. It's simply getting a full game effort from all of the guys, not just a few of them. To be honest, I don't know how to fix that, but I am pretty sure a couple more new players isn't the answer.

No I wouldn't include Jensen in any of those trades. Jensen is a sniper with decent size and oozes confidence. Our prospect pool isn't exactly bursting at the seams so we need to keep some for the day that the Sedins are retired. Jensen could be on next years team....I think he is good enough.

There are players on this team that you move to get better but they are guys that will not be here 5 years from now....maybe not next year because of the cap ceiling dropping. Raymond, Higgins,Lapierre,Alberts,Ballard and one of our goalies....those are the guys that you package and try to get a sniper in a multi player deal.

Jensen is the Real Deal?? based on what? there is no gurantee... he is nothing but potential right now where all those guys i listed are ACTUAL.

Those ACTUAL players are also a bunch of 5,6, and 7 million cap hits.

Jensen is a top 10 goal scorer in the SEL as a 19 year old - leading his not particularly good team. Slow down with the suggestions that this kid is mere potential - he's potentially a top line NHLer - and an extremely intelligent, poised young player. He's the last prospect in the system that should be considered moveable - and he happens to be a RW sniper - precisely what most people think the Dr. has ordered.

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler

Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years

Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins

Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.

Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.

Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)

Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player

Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

The answer is simple NO F%^^in way!! Jensen will be our super star in future matter of factly he should be here now ...prob instead of kassian

I dont buy the crap ur selling.....Flames wont trade Iginla to the Canucks or to any western rivals?? why not??? You think Iginla will haunt the flames from his retirement home 2 years from now?? You think the Flames would turn it down if the Oilers offered Taylor Hall or RNH???...just like business world, everyone and anyone can be bought. Flames will take the best possible offer even if it comes from the Canucks.

Chris Stewart, now theres a guy that will get moved once or twice more in his career

Whoah there buckaroo, what's with all the anger?

Iginla has said multiple times that he will refuse to waive his no-trade clause to go to another team in the Northwest Division so, fight me all you want, he'll never be a Canuck.

Oshie is 26 years old, 5'11" and the most points he's put up in a season is 54, which is one more than the best season that Raymond has had, plus he's never been able to play a full season once in his four year career. With the glut of forwards that St. Louis has, not only is Oshie tradeable, he is probably the most tradeable, or at least, the most tradeable that I would want in return for Jensen.

Archived