The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Would you trade Nicklas Jensen?**

carlweezer

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)

and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC

I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

LOL Booth, Ballard and a late 1st rnd pick can get us a franchise player in Evander Kane?? ...wow! i hope theres a 2 for 1 sale on KY jelly in Winnepeg cuz apparently we are about to screw them!

think of it this way...would you do this trade??

To Winnepeg

Ryan Kesler

To Vancouver

Blake Wheeler

Ron Hainsey

1st rnd pick between 21-30

He's our best young prospect not in the league, how about 'no.'

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Are we trying to raise Best Prospect Pool Banners or Stanley Cup Banners.

I'd trade every prospect we have for winning the cup once with this core group

I dont buy the crap ur selling.....Flames wont trade Iginla to the Canucks or to any western rivals?? why not??? You think Iginla will haunt the flames from his retirement home 2 years from now?? You think the Flames would turn it down if the Oilers offered Taylor Hall or RNH???...just like business world, everyone and anyone can be bought. Flames will take the best possible offer even if it comes from the Canucks.

and why exactly would the Blues trade Oshie? Him and Tarasenko and Piets and Shattenkirk are the only guys i see that the franchise can build around..

Chris Stewart, now theres a guy that will get moved once or twice more in his career

So now you're putting Jensen in the same category as Hall or Nugent-Hopkins? HAHAHAHAHA

Your contradicting yourself with that opening statement then are you not?

In 98-99, Joe Nieuwendyk won the Conn Smyhe Trophy as the most valuable player of the Playoffs and Dallas won the Stanley Cup.

I think that was his point, inferring that they don't regret it.

They traded a prospect they thought would be a star (which he was) for an immediate return to help them in the near future. And as you noted, it worked out very well for them

I think the CDC values Jensen >>> other GMs. He's played 6 games in the AHL no reg season games in the NHL. To include him in a trade now would be pointless.

Reword your question to do you think MG should mortgage the future for immediate help, including trading picks prospects and kids. Then that's a real interesting debate.

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Exactly... Maybe we can trade the whole farm for a legit, lights-out super star.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

Since you put Raymond and Ballard into a trade proposal, this whole thread becomes complete fantasy and is nothing more then a hypothetical situation that belongs with Sidney Crosby trade threads.

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)

and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC

I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kane-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

that would be a beastly line.

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler

Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years

Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins

Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.

Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.

Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)

Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player

Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

Not a chance. This is the type of player Gillis will keep.He's a heck of a player owrth waiting for. He's got size, speed and can handle the piuck. Some people are so quick to trade players from the Canucks forgetting they're hard to replace. Easy on paper, that's about it.

Makes sense to trade him for someone who can help us win a Cup within the next 2 seasons rather by 5 seasons.

That being said I could see Jensen replace Higgins if we let him go, but I honestly don't expect that. Gillis has to be happy with everyone's production and work so far, and we have cap space now that Malhotra's on IR to lock everyone up.

That being said if we trade a goalie, might as well package Jensen in it to get a huge return.

In a non-cap world where you can easily replenish your team by going after multiple free agents, of course.

If the Canucks are dead-on favourites to win the cup and they just need an extra piece to win it all, 1 Stanley Cup is better than 0 Stanley Cup.

For those saying how you gotta be patient.... because being patient for the last 40+ years have worked well? There's still no Stanley Cup banners hanging on the rafters.

I really dont understand you. You start a thread asking for opinions and then attack the posts of anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly agree with you.

I dont get it, whats the point?

Archived