199 replies to this topic

#31 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)
and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC
I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kane-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

So we get Kane then put him with a center that won't let him touch the puck? What's the point?

#32 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

We dont have any great needs???? to be honest with you i think this is still the same team that we've put out there there last 3-4 years...no legitimate secondary scoring, we are relying for our blue liners to score every night...

We need a playmaker/ sniper to play with Kesler plus a legit 4th line penalty kill type of player to play over Weise or Volps....someone like like Brandon Prust. obvs not Prust tho cuz MTL loves him

While I agree we've been relying on our D for scoring more than we should (though having legit scoring D is a huge asset on the PP...and Bieksa scoring on a breakaway gave me a fangasm!), I'm more concerned with getting the guys we have to play up to their potential. In reality, I don't think our scoring is all that bad. The first line is producing again now that Burrows has been reuinited with the twins and Kes has only played 4 games but already has 4 points and is generally looking good. And Booth looked pretty good last night even if he didn't score. I expect soon (tonight?) he'll be back on the line with Kesler and Higgins. So, as long as Booth and Kesler can remember to pass from time to time, that line should be good to go.

And I wouldn't be so quick to discount the Schroeder/Raymond/Hansen line either. They're still working out the chemistry but we've already seen some nice plays from them. (Raymond, by the way, has 9 points, only one less than Burrows.) I expect we'll continue to see good play out of that line and hopefully decent point production.

Actually, we only have 3 players without points this year: Manny, Ebbet and Booth. Given that Booth's only played 2 games, I fully expect him to be off that list and onto the score sheet soon.

And I have no problem with our fourth line to be honest. Even if I did, I wouldn't trade away a future 1st or 2nd line goal scorer to get a 4th line hulk now.

Our biggest problem isn't one that a plug and play player will fill. It's simply getting a full game effort from all of the guys, not just a few of them. To be honest, I don't know how to fix that, but I am pretty sure a couple more new players isn't the answer.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#33 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

No I wouldn't include Jensen in any of those trades. Jensen is a sniper with decent size and oozes confidence. Our prospect pool isn't exactly bursting at the seams so we need to keep some for the day that the Sedins are retired. Jensen could be on next years team....I think he is good enough.
There are players on this team that you move to get better but they are guys that will not be here 5 years from now....maybe not next year because of the cap ceiling dropping. Raymond, Higgins,Lapierre,Alberts,Ballard and one of our goalies....those are the guys that you package and try to get a sniper in a multi player deal.

#34 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Jensen can be moved at any price if it significantly improves our team. No player is really untouchable.

2moy3iq.png

#35 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Jensen is the Real Deal?? based on what? there is no gurantee... he is nothing but potential right now where all those guys i listed are ACTUAL.

Those ACTUAL players are also a bunch of 5,6, and 7 million cap hits.

Jensen is a top 10 goal scorer in the SEL as a 19 year old - leading his not particularly good team. Slow down with the suggestions that this kid is mere potential - he's potentially a top line NHLer - and an extremely intelligent, poised young player. He's the last prospect in the system that should be considered moveable - and he happens to be a RW sniper - precisely what most people think the Dr. has ordered.

Edited by oldnews, 17 March 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#36 WeGotItNextYear

WeGotItNextYear

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

PS Jensen will make the team next year.

#37 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler
Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years
Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins
Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.
Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.
Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)
Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player
Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

The answer is simple NO F%^^in way!! Jensen will be our super star in future matter of factly he should be here now ...prob instead of kassian

#38 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Jensen can be moved at any price if it significantly improves our team. No player is really untouchable.

wwrong if they send him packing it will be the biggest mistake they ever did.end of statement

#39 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

So we get Kane then put him with a center that won't let him touch the puck? What's the point?

Agreed what is the point!!

#40 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

I dont buy the crap ur selling.....Flames wont trade Iginla to the Canucks or to any western rivals?? why not??? You think Iginla will haunt the flames from his retirement home 2 years from now?? You think the Flames would turn it down if the Oilers offered Taylor Hall or RNH???...just like business world, everyone and anyone can be bought. Flames will take the best possible offer even if it comes from the Canucks.

and why exactly would the Blues trade Oshie? Him and Tarasenko and Piets and Shattenkirk are the only guys i see that the franchise can build around..

Chris Stewart, now theres a guy that will get moved once or twice more in his career

Whoah there buckaroo, what's with all the anger?

Iginla has said multiple times that he will refuse to waive his no-trade clause to go to another team in the Northwest Division so, fight me all you want, he'll never be a Canuck.

Oshie is 26 years old, 5'11" and the most points he's put up in a season is 54, which is one more than the best season that Raymond has had, plus he's never been able to play a full season once in his four year career. With the glut of forwards that St. Louis has, not only is Oshie tradeable, he is probably the most tradeable, or at least, the most tradeable that I would want in return for Jensen.

#41 Kesler0170

Kesler0170

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Why trade something that hasn't proven his value yet. Bad post.

#42 Fantoma

Fantoma

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

For Kane yes, but not really anyone else. Kane is still young and from Van, so that's always a plus. Jensen will likely never be as good a player as Kane is (never know though), so I'd make the swap.

#43 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Why trade something that hasn't proven his value yet. Bad post.

for that reason exactly...

trade someone who hasnt proven their value for someone who has proven and exceeded their value......

#44 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

He's our best young prospect not in the league, how about 'no.'

#45 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I don't think Jensen will be moved, but I do think Evander Kane is movable on your list.

The Peg has a solid top 4 (Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Trouba***in 1-2 years)
and fast, young forwards (Little, Wellwood, Wheeler, Ladd, and Scheifele in a couple years as well)

I think a package of Booth (PWF) and Ballard (Bottom pair, character player) and a 1st rd pick could get Kane back in BC
I think that package is good for WPG, they gain another good top 6 player, a character D-man, and a pick to add to their decimated prospect pool courtesy of their days in Atlanta.

We gain a scrappy top 6 sniper, who's not afraid to drop the gloves AND he's a hometown kid to boot!!

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kane-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Now that's one strong forward group!!! Although I think the 2nd line would need a nickname right away.....the KKK line doesn't really have a good ring to it....

LOL Booth, Ballard and a late 1st rnd pick can get us a franchise player in Evander Kane?? ...wow! i hope theres a 2 for 1 sale on KY jelly in Winnepeg cuz apparently we are about to screw them!

think of it this way...would you do this trade??

To Winnepeg
Ryan Kesler

To Vancouver
Blake Wheeler
Ron Hainsey
1st rnd pick between 21-30

#46 carlweezer

carlweezer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

He's our best young prospect not in the league, how about 'no.'

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Are we trying to raise Best Prospect Pool Banners or Stanley Cup Banners.

I'd trade every prospect we have for winning the cup once with this core group

Edited by carlweezer, 22 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#47 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Do you think Dallas regrets trading away Iginla?

If it's the right move, I would trade anybody.

Your contradicting yourself with that opening statement then are you not?

In 98-99, Joe Nieuwendyk won the Conn Smyhe Trophy as the most valuable player of the Playoffs and Dallas won the Stanley Cup.

#48 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

I dont buy the crap ur selling.....Flames wont trade Iginla to the Canucks or to any western rivals?? why not??? You think Iginla will haunt the flames from his retirement home 2 years from now?? You think the Flames would turn it down if the Oilers offered Taylor Hall or RNH???...just like business world, everyone and anyone can be bought. Flames will take the best possible offer even if it comes from the Canucks.

and why exactly would the Blues trade Oshie? Him and Tarasenko and Piets and Shattenkirk are the only guys i see that the franchise can build around..

Chris Stewart, now theres a guy that will get moved once or twice more in his career

So now you're putting Jensen in the same category as Hall or Nugent-Hopkins? HAHAHAHAHA

#49 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Your contradicting yourself with that opening statement then are you not?

In 98-99, Joe Nieuwendyk won the Conn Smyhe Trophy as the most valuable player of the Playoffs and Dallas won the Stanley Cup.

I think that was his point, inferring that they don't regret it.
They traded a prospect they thought would be a star (which he was) for an immediate return to help them in the near future. And as you noted, it worked out very well for them
Posted Image

#50 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I think the CDC values Jensen >>> other GMs. He's played 6 games in the AHL no reg season games in the NHL. To include him in a trade now would be pointless.
Reword your question to do you think MG should mortgage the future for immediate help, including trading picks prospects and kids. Then that's a real interesting debate.

#51 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

how about who gives a damn about prospects, i want a cup now while we have elite players....our window will be closed before prospects can even get a sniff of ice time from AV

Exactly... Maybe we can trade the whole farm for a legit, lights-out super star.

#52 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

PS please note this is not a trade proposal topic, im just curious to see how far Canuck fans are willing to let go to get a game changer. because Raymond and Ballard + a 2nd wont get us a sniff of the cup

Since you put Raymond and Ballard into a trade proposal, this whole thread becomes complete fantasy and is nothing more then a hypothetical situation that belongs with Sidney Crosby trade threads.

#53 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

as our best and basically one of 3 of our only prospects. I dont think its worth sending him anywhere.
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#54 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kane-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

that would be a beastly line.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#55 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,772 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I've thought about Pomminville but he's the captain, don't think it's happening. Wouldn't want to trade Jensen anyway I don't think. That will just have to wait until next year when we move a goalie.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#56 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'd rather trade Kassian

#57 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

A player that wont be a legitimate (if he ever becomes one) difference to the Canucks for another 3-5 years for A proven player that can help the Canucks win NOW???

in other words would you trade potential for actual? the future for the present?

Canucks still need that game changer, who will put us over the hump and bring the Cup home to Vancouver. However to attain this game changer it will take a roster player and our top prospect.

So are you willing to part with David Booth or Raymond + Nicklas Jensen for 1 of these players...other suggestions of players are welcome

My suggestions for players to target are:

Ryan Oreily- insane talent. 2 strides and he can catch up to anyone on the backcheck. Will be better than Kesler
Evander Kane- its not an if but a when this guy will leave the PEG. he isnt a fit with that community. Jets will look for a big return tho. we would have to add from Booth and Jensen..He makes Kesler money for 7 more years
Jarome Iginla- has 1 last good playoff push left in his tank. Would look ridiculous beside the twins
Jason Pomminville or Drew Stafford to a lesser extent. Pomminville is a game changing sniper.
Marleau or Pavelski if Sharks decide to blow it up.
Martin Hanzal (soooooo under-rated because he plays in PHX)
Brandon Dubinsky- captain material, would go through a wall for his team mates. Playoff warrior type of player
Alexander Semin - cancer in the lockeroom but unquestionable talent. and with the leaders in our room i feel like he would be a decent fit. Carolina might look to move him if they are out of the playoff push rather than risking of losing him for nothing in the off season,.

Not a chance. This is the type of player Gillis will keep.He's a heck of a player owrth waiting for. He's got size, speed and can handle the piuck. Some people are so quick to trade players from the Canucks forgetting they're hard to replace. Easy on paper, that's about it.

#58 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,870 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Makes sense to trade him for someone who can help us win a Cup within the next 2 seasons rather by 5 seasons.

That being said I could see Jensen replace Higgins if we let him go, but I honestly don't expect that. Gillis has to be happy with everyone's production and work so far, and we have cap space now that Malhotra's on IR to lock everyone up.

That being said if we trade a goalie, might as well package Jensen in it to get a huge return.
Posted Image

#59 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

In a non-cap world where you can easily replenish your team by going after multiple free agents, of course.
If the Canucks are dead-on favourites to win the cup and they just need an extra piece to win it all, 1 Stanley Cup is better than 0 Stanley Cup.

For those saying how you gotta be patient.... because being patient for the last 40+ years have worked well? There's still no Stanley Cup banners hanging on the rafters.

#60 PONCHE

PONCHE

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I really dont understand you. You start a thread asking for opinions and then attack the posts of anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly agree with you.

I dont get it, whats the point?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.