The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Roster Spot in Serious Jeopardy?

Go Go Canucks Go

We'll see how he does in the AHL first but I can't wait to see him on the Nucks. Imagine:

Sedins-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Jensen

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen

Yikes that looks potentially deadly. Kassian on the 3rd would give some much needed size to that line and the 2nd could have the sniper that it so desperately needs. And I mean, look at that 4th line! Yes please! Here's hoping Jensen shines in the minors :towel:

Edit: that D man from around the 2:20 mark in the vid is still looking for his jock strap! Ridonculous!

Why do people here continuously think that just throwing a guy in will automatically work?

As of right now, Jensen is all potential, no development. Meaning he's well behind Kassian in terms of securing a roster spot.

But some here would rather try and throw in Corrado than go with proven vets.

No clue. Just no clue at all.

I'm speaking out of my butt here, but I understand it to be a private (ie: not legally enforceable) agreement between the CHL and the NHL, not the NHL and all junior leagues across the globe. If he doesn't play a game in the CHL, why would he be bound by that agreement? This corroborates what MG was saying. Sounds good to me!

I don't see why " you people" want to throw Kassian under the bus so soon. He has played pretty decent this year, stands up for his teammates and adds some good toughness and energy. We as Vancouver Canuck fans are so quick to turn on our prospects and young guns. Who else in the lineup has provided what Kas has? Let the boy play! We need to start intergrating our prospects into our lineup otherwise they won't want to play here.

Jensen's OHL team, the Oshawa Generals, are a lock to make the playoffs.

If there's any truth to the team not even wanting him back, that sounds like a huge warning flag to me. If he's seriously good enough to make an impact at the NHL level, an OHL contender wouldn't pass up the opportunity to add them to their lineup.

I don't see why " you people" want to throw Kassian under the bus so soon. He has played pretty decent this year, stands up for his teammates and adds some good toughness and energy. We as Vancouver Canuck fans are so quick to turn on our prospects and young guns. Who else in the lineup has provided what Kas has? Let the boy play! We need to start intergrating our prospects into our lineup otherwise they won't want to play here.

Kassian was decent last night played with some emotion.

I have faith in the kid.

He's gonna be good.

(i ignore the trolls that come here to second guess our players, its a joke, Vancouver is trolled more than any other club and many of the posts here are young idiot fans of other teams here goofing around.)

I can see Canucks calling Jensen up rather having him go back to playing with kids. I think going back to the OHL wouldn't be beneficial as much as being up with the team. Kassian is still an upgrade over Weise and Volpatti so I'd like to see Jensen get a shot to see if he can play with the team.

Also, I believe AV continues to put Kass back on the 4th line because he wants a consistent physical play outta him every shift. AV seems to have recognized that Kass plays best when he's physical and so when Kass stops bringing his game, AV sends back down to the fourth line until Kass figures it out.

Archived