Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nitwitt

Fair Value for Luo

16 posts in this topic

Ok this Luongo trade is taking forever, M.G. is spewing absolute garbage when he talks about being fine with taking both goalies to the playoffs. How did that work last year for you? So instead of trying to hit a home run like we've be hoping you will, just get fair value. Florida is the obvious trading partner, so lets get it done. How about Stephen Weiss, Dmitry Kulikov and a 1st for Roberto Luongo, Chris Higgins and a 2nd.

Now you have options, the lines could look like:

(85 points ) (85 points) (70 points)

Sedin Sedin Burrows

(75points) (65points) (45points)

Kesler Weiss Kassian

(55points) (45 points) (45points)

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

(50points) (30points) (20 points)

Booth Lapierre Volpatti

(15 goals) (5goals)

Edler Tanev

(5goals) (12goals)

Hamhuis Bieksa

(5goals) (5goals)

Kulikov Garrison

Deal Ballard while his value is up, as he is playing great for backup goalie.

Flame away!!!

It's taking forever because MG wants to get something like that for him, and Florida most likely isn't budging.

There's no pressure on Gillis, so who cares.

The team is doing fine, Luongo doesn't care where he ends up (Which gives us leverage), so why rush it?

I'd say if Luongo gets moved at any point this season, it would be closer to the deadline, when GM's know their team is in trouble and need to make a push to save their jobs.

Ok this Luongo trade is taking forever, M.G. is spewing absolute garbage when he talks about being fine with taking both goalies to the playoffs. How did that work last year for you? So instead of trying to hit a home run like we've be hoping you will, just get fair value. Florida is the obvious trading partner, so lets get it done. How about Stephen Weiss, Dmitry Kulikov and a 1st for Roberto Luongo, Chris Higgins and a 2nd.

Now you have options, the lines could look like:

(85 points ) (85 points) (70 points)

Sedin Sedin Burrows

(75points) (65points) (45points)

Kesler Weiss Kassian

(55points) (45 points) (45points)

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

(50points) (30points) (20 points)

Booth Lapierre Volpatti

(15 goals) (5goals)

Edler Tanev

(5goals) (12goals)

Hamhuis Bieksa

(5goals) (5goals)

Kulikov Garrison

Deal Ballard while his value is up, as he is playing great for backup goalie.

Flame away!!!

You must be dreaming if you think Booth can get 50 points on the fourth line and that our third line can get at least 45 points a piece. That is near impossible.

Why say flame away at the end? Is it because you know this is horrible in so many ways?

The real question is - which goalie goalie gives us the best return?

I believe that's Schneider - not because he's better (he's not - I think both goalies are great) but because of his contract and age.

I want a Stanley cup. So I'd rather see us get someone in return that would increase our chances of winning one.

I doubt Florida would have any interest, they've already had Higgins and dealt him away and they want to re-sign Weiss. They certainly aren't going to give Weiss, Kulikov and a potentially high 1st for Luongo, a player they had and got rid of in Higgins and a late 2nd round pick.

The real question is - which goalie goalie gives us the best return?

I believe that's Schneider - not because he's better (he's not - I think both goalies are great) but because of his contract and age.

I want a Stanley cup. So I'd rather see us get someone in return that would increase our chances of winning one.

Why say flame away at the end? Is it because you know this is horrible in so many ways?

You must be dreaming if you think Booth can get 50 points on the fourth line and that our third line can get at least 45 points a piece. That is near impossible.

I doubt Florida would have any interest, they've already had Higgins and dealt him away and they want to re-sign Weiss. They certainly aren't going to give Weiss, Kulikov and a potentially high 1st for Luongo, a player they had and got rid of in Higgins and a late 2nd round pick.

Panthers laugh at that proposal and those point totals predictions are nothing short of absurd.