The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis on Team 1040, Feb 22, 2013

Brodeur

Just listened to Gillis on team 1040 while in my car. If someone can find the feed that'd be great.

Talked about how the team has played and how the defense has been lately.

He said it's fine.

About Garrison's goal.

Mike is happy, and says that new players need time to adjust to a new team and system.

Talked about changes in the PP distinctions of the PP1 and PP2. Said they're trying something and seems to be working.

Was asked how does his team compare and stack up against the best team in the league(Chicago)

He pretty much replied by saying things about our team and not comparing the two teams, which i felt was odd. And then went on to say that once Kesler and Booth are in game shape they should stack up against Chicago, meaning they're not yet there.

Booth. Said he played great last night.

Sedins. Said they're class players and everything an organization could ask for.

Asked about goaltenders. Said they're both playing great.

Nicklas Jensen's status.

Didn't want his swedish elite league team trading him to another team. They want him to stay and eventually join the farm team and get experience to hopefully join the big club.

I probably missed some things. Just a basic idea from what i re-collect.

Jensen will probably be called up for a few games in late March/early April. Who get's sent down to make room? I'd probably say Kassian as he can't be claimed on waivers, it'd only be for a few games. Unless there's an injury. But what if Jensen performs well? Then what? Kassian wouldn't be in the minors for long.

Jensen will probably be called up for a few games in late March/early April. Who get's sent down to make room? I'd probably say Kassian as he can't be claimed on waivers, it'd only be for a few games. Unless there's an injury. But what if Jensen performs well? Then what? Kassian wouldn't be in the minors for long.

Archived