The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would You Like to Share Your Original Music?

Vansicle

I'm a songwriter/musician/producer/engineer. It's not my main job, but I freelance on the side and supplement my income by licensing music, producing records, etc.

After seeing Gumball The Chewy's thread (cool moody, Sabbathy stuff, btw) I wondered how many others on CDC are similarly interested. Vancouver is a big, metropolitan, international city and has to have lots of musically inclined people who also happen to love the Canucks.

Anyway, enough of my blathering. I'm going to post a song. Why not post yours, too. Doesn't matter how good you think it is, just put it out there. You'll find it helps you to believe in your art to have people see/hear/exposed to it.

https://soundcloud.c...lly-grown-theme

Cool. How did you get your start? Have you been in bands? Did you take music production classes?

I use Logic 9 Pro after a couple of friends convinced me I didn't need to know Pro Tools. Ironically, I am going to have to get up to speed on PT as soon as possible if I'm going to be able to work in some studios, as not everyone has Logic.

All the drums are loops. I hate using loops, because it takes so damn long to make them sound decent, and it is never exactly what I'm envisioning. I started just leaving them out. I haven't recorded anything for a while, but I built a cajon that I will try mic'ing for the drums.

I don't think many people browse this forum, which is why you don't see many people posting here.

I like loops for writing/demo purposes, but I agree, it's faster to have a drummer knock it out than to edit a bunch of cookie cutter drum parts to make them sound realistic.

Do you play drums, too? I almost played everything on the material I pm'd you, but decided ultimately that having different people playing would add not only to the enjoyment of the process, but add ideas that I wouldn't necessarily thought of on my own.

I've been playing in an out of bands since I was a teen. More out now than in but havent given up entirely. I put together a few tracks a couple of years ago to more or less try out some new software. My buddy put together images for the tracks. Kinda neat how he matched up the audio and video.

Here's one of them. Short and sweet. Wear headphones!

Archived