Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Would You Like to Share Your Original Music?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm a songwriter/musician/producer/engineer. It's not my main job, but I freelance on the side and supplement my income by licensing music, producing records, etc.
After seeing Gumball The Chewy's thread (cool moody, Sabbathy stuff, btw) I wondered how many others on CDC are similarly interested. Vancouver is a big, metropolitan, international city and has to have lots of musically inclined people who also happen to love the Canucks.
Anyway, enough of my blathering. I'm going to post a song. Why not post yours, too. Doesn't matter how good you think it is, just put it out there. You'll find it helps you to believe in your art to have people see/hear/exposed to it.
https://soundcloud.c...lly-grown-theme

Edited by Vansicle, 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#2 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

That is a beautiful song!

If were sharing, here is one i made :) Not quite so acoustic haha but music none the less.

Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#3 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

That is a beautiful song!

If were sharing, here is one i made :) Not quite so acoustic haha but music none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lhjs6nY0vU

That's great stuff. Do you produce your own material? ProTools, Logic, Cakewalk?
Sounds like some cool sidechain stuff on the synth triggered off of the kick.
Nice work.

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#4 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

http://www.reverbnat...t-if-i-were-you

This is my favorite song of mine, but there's a bunch on this page.

Edited by WiDeN, 22 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#5 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

http://www.reverbnat...t-if-i-were-you

I checked your page out, man. Cool!
Nice guitar playing. Confident singing.
Do you have a band?

#6 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I checked your page out, man. Cool!
Nice guitar playing. Confident singing.
Do you have a band?

No, no band. I have 2 kids, and a job instead, lol. One day I'd love to have enough time to start a band.

Posted Image

#7 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

No, no band. I have 2 kids, and a job instead, lol. One day I'd love to have enough time to start a band.

Yeah. Having kids and a job is like having two jobs.
So did you play the drums on your recordings or are they drum loops, midi, etc?

#8 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

George ignace on youtube, all original, mixtape ect...

Posted Image

#9 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

That's great stuff. Do you produce your own material? ProTools, Logic, Cakewalk?
Sounds like some cool sidechain stuff on the synth triggered off of the kick.
Nice work.

Yes of course! Everything is made original by me! I use propellerhead's Reason for my production.
Posted Image

#10 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yes of course! Everything is made original by me! I use propellerhead's Reason for my production.

Cool. How did you get your start? Have you been in bands? Did you take music production classes?
I use Logic 9 Pro after a couple of friends convinced me I didn't need to know Pro Tools. Ironically, I am going to have to get up to speed on PT as soon as possible if I'm going to be able to work in some studios, as not everyone has Logic.

#11 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Cool. How did you get your start? Have you been in bands? Did you take music production classes?
I use Logic 9 Pro after a couple of friends convinced me I didn't need to know Pro Tools. Ironically, I am going to have to get up to speed on PT as soon as possible if I'm going to be able to work in some studios, as not everyone has Logic.

I just love music so I taught myself everything I know haha, just sit around at my piano for hours. Im pretty happy doing what I am doing so I don't think I am going to learn pro tools. I have wanted to incorporate logic though.
Posted Image

#12 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I just love music so I taught myself everything I know haha, just sit around at my piano for hours. Im pretty happy doing what I am doing so I don't think I am going to learn pro tools. I have wanted to incorporate logic though.

You should check out Logic. Originally, Logic was created to compliment Reason. They've since diverged, but Logic started as the midi side of Reason.
I know what you're saying about being self taught and being happy doing what you're doing. I don't really feel like I want to get certified in PT of Logic, but for what I do I don't have a lot of options but to learn PT at least on a rudimentary level if I want to work at a variety of studios - and I do want to work at a variety of studios. Not for my own material - I record the majority of that in my basement studio, and I have other options for when I need to track drums and loud guitars. But if I want to make records for other bands I have to work where they want to work sometimes.
Anyway, thanks for sharing your music. You are musically talented to be sure.

#13 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

So I guess there are not nearly as many musicians as I thought. Or at
least not that want to share their original music.

Edited by Vansicle, 24 February 2013 - 09:17 AM.

#14 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Yeah. Having kids and a job is like having two jobs.
So did you play the drums on your recordings or are they drum loops, midi, etc?

All the drums are loops. I hate using loops, because it takes so damn long to make them sound decent, and it is never exactly what I'm envisioning. I started just leaving them out. I haven't recorded anything for a while, but I built a cajon that I will try mic'ing for the drums.

I don't think many people browse this forum, which is why you don't see many people posting here.

Posted Image

#15 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

All the drums are loops. I hate using loops, because it takes so damn long to make them sound decent, and it is never exactly what I'm envisioning. I started just leaving them out. I haven't recorded anything for a while, but I built a cajon that I will try mic'ing for the drums.

I don't think many people browse this forum, which is why you don't see many people posting here.

I like loops for writing/demo purposes, but I agree, it's faster to have a drummer knock it out than to edit a bunch of cookie cutter drum parts to make them sound realistic.
Do you play drums, too? I almost played everything on the material I pm'd you, but decided ultimately that having different people playing would add not only to the enjoyment of the process, but add ideas that I wouldn't necessarily thought of on my own.

#16 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I like loops for writing/demo purposes, but I agree, it's faster to have a drummer knock it out than to edit a bunch of cookie cutter drum parts to make them sound realistic.
Do you play drums, too? I almost played everything on the material I pm'd you, but decided ultimately that having different people playing would add not only to the enjoyment of the process, but add ideas that I wouldn't necessarily thought of on my own.

I don't play drums, but when I sit behind a kit I can fake it. I'm sure if I owned a kit I could be half decent pretty quick. I'd love to have a little electric kit to hook up to logic. My tenant is an absolutely sick metal drummer, so we're going to set his enormous kit up in the garage this summer. He'll be teaching me, and I'll teach him to play guitar.
My main issue with drum loops is that first of all I don't have any good ones, but also drums aren't really my starting point; they come second, but I still know exactly what kind of beat I want. I have a really hard time matching beats to something I've written. If I had a drum kit, I could make a loop, and then it would be golden.
I can play a little bit of piano, and most stringed instruments to some extent. I just love jamming and writing. Sadly it comes few and far between. I'm in Edmonton or I'd say let's jam.

Posted Image

#17 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

I've been playing in an out of bands since I was a teen. More out now than in but havent given up entirely. I put together a few tracks a couple of years ago to more or less try out some new software. My buddy put together images for the tracks. Kinda neat how he matched up the audio and video.

Here's one of them. Short and sweet. Wear headphones!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.