The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Made You A Canucks Fan?

Aladeen

I was just curious to see what made everyone here a Canucks fan.

I think that for most it will be geography.

For myself, my father was an immigrant that loved hockey, so we would watch it together all the time. I actually loved the Orange and Yellow of the old flying skate Jerseys and as a kid, this is what I based my favorite team on was their jerseys.

I grew up back east in TO and I was the only one I knew that wasn't a Leaf or a Canadiens fan. I guess maybe part of me wanted to be different.

Now that I live on the west coast it is even easier to follow them and be a fan of these guys.

Forever a Canuck! :towel:

Why are you a fan of the Canucks?

I come from a hockey family. My grandfather on my mother's side played semi-pro in Tacoma, as did his dad. My mom and dad took me to Seattle Totems games in the 70s. They had NHL pennants in the team store and the Canucks pennant stood out to me.

It's been a love/hate relationship since :)

Well originally I was a Hawks fan (first jersey when I was four) then I began to watch Bert, Sopel, and Naslund and then I became a fan of the Nucks.

I remember trying to copy what Bert did everytime I played a game on ice. Even tried to stir things up in the front of the net when I was eight by pretending the defenders were Willie Mitchell and myself being Bertuzzi.

Geography.

Became a Canuck fan when we moved back to BC (Burnaby Summer 1973 after living in the Dominican Republic for 2 years.

My dad listened to the games on a radio and/or Hockey Night in Canada Saturday night!

Didn't "officially" become a fan until the 1974/75 season...

I kind of liked Montreal (Ken Dryden) but when the Habs knocked off the Canucks in the playoffs, my allegiance switched to the Canucks (yeah weird eh?)

That's why I say I've been a Canucks fan since 1975.

74-75VanCan.jpg

Archived