247 replies to this topic

#181 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

In 1978 the Nucks drafted Stan Smyl and Curt Fraser and i jumped off the Toronto bandwagon and got on the Canucks wagon for good. Those two had some great fights in the first few years especially Fraser. Nobody messed with Thomas Gradin!!

#182 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Most likely Bure and the cup run in '94. Also, a huge fan of T-Lin and others from the team. Enjoyed watching it ever since I was young but that run made me a life-long fan. :canucks:
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#183 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Bump: Interested in seeing more! :)
Posted Image

#184 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Beer and being legal age too enjoy beer in a bar

And Ben Eagers penalty box girlfriend from the western finals a few years ago.

That and hometown pride

Edited by Warhippy, 20 August 2013 - 10:32 AM.

CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#185 Me_

Me_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

#186 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I had a dream in 2002, woke up from it and been a fan since

the dream was that the mighty italian prophet would return as a canuck and Satan would be traded to the devils.. and that prophet would lead vancouver to a cup... the dream didn't say what year... but it has happened. After 11 years of waiting... the prophecy will be fulfilled

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#187 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

I had a dream in 2002, woke up from it and been a fan since

the dream was that the mighty italian prophet would return as a canuck and Satan would be traded to the devils.. and that prophet would lead vancouver to a cup... the dream didn't say what year... but it has happened. After 11 years of waiting... the prophecy will be fulfilled

Praise be to Luongo Christ
Posted Image

#188 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Bure.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#189 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

As a 70's kid growing up with a Dad who was a Habs fan I was bombarded with Habs propaganda. My first favorite player was Guy Lafleur and it was the merciless taunting of my school mates calling my favorite player Man Flower that eventually made me embrace my home team. By the 82 run I was a Canuck fan and Steamer was my idol. The rest is history. The 94 run made me cry...not because we lost though, I drove downtown to grab some friends stuck after the riot and the tear gas on their clothes made my eyes water excessively.

#190 Proballhockeyplayer

Proballhockeyplayer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Luongo
Posted Image

Thanks Vintage Canucks For The SIG

#191 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

As a 70's kid growing up with a Dad who was a Habs fan I was bombarded with Habs propaganda. My first favorite player was Guy Lafleur and it was the merciless taunting of my school mates calling my favorite player Man Flower that eventually made me embrace my home team. By the 82 run I was a Canuck fan and Steamer was my idol. The rest is history. The 94 run made me cry...not because we lost though, I drove downtown to grab some friends stuck after the riot and the tear gas on their clothes made my eyes water excessively.

Good it wasn't gay propaganda!

#192 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Don't know if i already answered back in february. Was a hockey fan here in the Netherlands...i followed the Canadian hockey teams with special interest but became a fan when Luongo arrived. Being in Vancouver during the Finals also helped a little bit :) Now if i could only live in Canada/Vancouver (rain isn't a problem for a dutchman ;))...

#193 Batmania

Batmania

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Geographical location
Posted Image

#194 Puckster

Puckster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

I was a Maple Leaf Fan growing up , before the canucks existed. Why TO? , my friends growing up moved from Quebec and were all habs fans. So I chose TO to have a lot of rivalry.

Then when the canucks were in the WHA/WHL?? my Dad stopped for a hitchhiker , on our way home from Vancouver to Britannia Beach ( on the way to Whistler). that hitchhiker was a Canuck player whose car broke down. We talked hockey and I started following the Canucks into the NHL and since then Have been a fan. I totally forget who that player was, But I was very impressed with his politeness and enthusiasm for playing with the Canucks. he was playing in his first year and was stoked for the opportunity to Play.

Wow, they are real people after all.

So i became a Canuck fan the first year of entry into the NHL. Still am !!! I still routed for TO for a few years as well, back then, but when they, Nucks, made the playoffs for the first time , I was hooked and still a Canucklehead at heart. Now I understand the Maplelaffs expression.

But in the playoffs my progression for cheering goes as follows:
Canucks
the next closest Canadain team
the last canadian team
then who cares, its Bettman's marketing rules ( I believe in conspiracy theories)!

#195 ShakyWalton

ShakyWalton

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Im Old...lol

I used to love hockey when I was a kid,,,I would wake up and tune in the leafs and Wings games back in the 60s,,,loved the Leafs back then,,,Mahovalich,Duff, Baun, Stanley,Horton ,Keon, Pulford, and many others,,,when the Nucks got a franchise in 1970,,,I could even tell you who they drafted in the expansion draft,,,my favourites back then were Rosaire Paiment,, tough bugger..fought Shultz and kelly many times and Bob Dilabough...anyway, I have been a fan for years,,,why stop now,,,but I would love to see a cup before I die...lol

#196 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

I watched quite a bit of hockey with my father and mother during the early and mid 2000s (supposedly I watched the 94 cup run with them but I was way too young to remember it). Ha, I remember when we played Calgary in 2004 and it felt like kipper was just impossible for us to score against. Every time we'd lose a game to them in that series I'd run to my room yelling "I have to beat them", to my family, turning on my game console and playing my NHL game. I'd beat them every time. I'd brag to my family. They were not amused, considering it would have just followed a disheartening loss to them, in real life. Anyways, when I moved away from my father I stopped watching hockey for a while. Until our most recent cup run. For some reason I randomly told my mom that the playoffs were starting soon and that the Canucks were good this year, so we watched. It was amazing. I remember going downtown and being on Granville street and feeling the energy and comradery with random people I didn't even know, I had never felt anything like it. I was happy. The city was happy. The magic of that run was like a high, and when we lost in game seven I came crashing down. It felt awful. But the my love of hockey was restored during that run, and I've watched every single game, interview etc (bordering on obsession) since.

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text, don't have time to fix

Edited by Kesheniel, 20 August 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#197 Kesheniel

Kesheniel

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

This is actually a ridiculously cool thread. I mean, we may argue lots on this forum, but in the end, we are all Canucks fans. We all love the same thing. it's like a family almost.

We are all Canucks. Bask in the corniness of my comment. Go on, bask in it.

#198 AK-47

AK-47

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Markus Naslund... Single Handedly

Posted Image
AK ♚ 47

#199 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Threee things, I guess:

1) Geography (there's no NHL in Seattle, so...)

2) The '94 playoff run. Had my full attention once the Sonics were bounced out in the first round of the playoffs that year.

3) #16. Now, THAT'S my idea of an NHL captain. Still hard to believe the guy's a month younger than yours truly. You know, I still say the Canucks are a good-sized right-handed top 6 forward away from serious contention this year...

#200 Western Red

Western Red

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

PAVEL BURE,

#201 Absent Canuck

Absent Canuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

My friend Mike

Another great sig by Vintage Canuck

#202 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

Good it wasn't gay propaganda!

Way to tee that one up for me Nuts, I can't bite though...trying...so...hard...not..to make...insensitive joke about...Habs fans... :bigblush:

#203 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

The 2007 playoffs marked Luongo's first NHL post-season appearance. Facing the Dallas Stars in the opening round, he almost set an NHL record for most saves in a playoff game in his post-season debut. He stopped 72 shots, en route to a 5–4 quadruple overtime victory, one save shy of Kelly Hrudey's 73-save mark set in 1987.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_EqgtJkxk

ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHvv

Edited by Merci, 20 August 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#204 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

I was a fan before but I took music lessons from Jim Robson's son when I was a kid. That definitely bumped up the interest level.

#205 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

I went from a Philly fan to a Canucks fan when the team got Linden and Bure.

#206 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

The 2007 playoffs marked Luongo's first NHL post-season appearance. Facing the Dallas Stars in the opening round, he almost set an NHL record for most saves in a playoff game in his post-season debut. He stopped 72 shots, en route to a 54 quadruple overtime victory, one save shy of Kelly Hrudey's 73-save mark set in 1987.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_EqgtJkxk

ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTH ONE MONTHONE MONTHONE MONTH ONE MONTHvv

I saw him make at least 4 saves that game that he wasn't credited for.

I wonder if hrudey working for cbc had anything to do with it.

He has the record in my books.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#207 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Trevor Linden, PAvel Bure, and Kirk Mclean in 94.
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#208 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've always hated bandwagon fans and when my next door neighbour cheered for his Canadien's I cheered for the Canuck's even harder, that and the fact that I've always had a soft spot for underdogs. I remember loosing the draft spin to Buffalo. Man, Perrault would've made a huge difference in the beginning.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 21 August 2013 - 09:22 AM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#209 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

dp

Edited by hudson bay rules, 21 August 2013 - 09:21 AM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#210 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

State Alchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

TBH, the main reason for my being a Canucks fan is the Messier signing.

In the early 90s my dad wasn't really a fan of the Canucks, he mostly just watched the Oilers, since they were my Grandpa's favourite team, and Team Canada when they played. So, when the Canucks signed Messier, my dad thought that was pretty cool and started watching the Canucks. And since I mostly grew up with my dad as a Canucks fan, I gradually became a Canucks fan myself.

And that's the story of my life.

Edited by Alchemy Time, 21 August 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.