148 replies to this topic

#31 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

The defence was great tonight and PK won us the game, so solid right in front of Luongo.

Top line was buzzing, created plenty of good chances against the stingy Predator defensive system which was nice to see. Our 2nd line wasn't really very good apart from a few chances off the rush. Schroeder and Raymond created shots and chances on just about every shift they've played together and obviously our 4th line won us the game. First star has to be Lapierre, he was flying all night, gets a great assist and wasted a solid 30 seconds of PP time at the end of the game with some great forechecking against 3 Predators.

Luongo is proving why he should be this team's starter. It's not even close anymore who this team's better goaltender is, say what you want about Schneider having good stats last season, Luongo is blowing those numbers out of the water. 5-0-3 with 2 shutouts and a GAA of what will be below 1.50 with a rediculous save percentage. He had a couple of high quality chances in this one and stoned them all, we're watching Luongo play better than he ever has in his career and it's fun to watch.
Posted Image

#32 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

snoozefest. millionaires playing shinny out there tonight.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#33 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Do this against Detroit, and we have another shutout coming for Lu.
Posted Image

#34 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Wow did luongo ever earn that shutout. I hope he gets the nod for Sunday!
Posted Image

#35 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Weise first goal of the year is a game winner and he is not expected to score much ha!

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 22 February 2013 - 08:38 PM.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#36 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,627 posts

good to win, congrats weisey, congrats luuuuuuuu!!

#37 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

We out defended the defence oriented Preds! always a good sign! Boring but a good sign. Hope Bieks is ok
Posted Image

#38 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

The defense really strapped down when Bieksa got injured.
Shows how good we are when we need to be.

Overall good game, I didn't see the first period so I can't comment on that.

Hmm, that's really odd.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#39 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Post-game Discussion Thread?

Smart one right there. :lol:
Posted Image

#40 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

For sure, he will.
Posted Image

#41 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Most boring game ever! How does Nashville sell tickets?

It's called winning good or ugly. It's better than losing.

They have the the most tenured coach in the league and the franchise has a good thing going. Too bad all of them weren't like this.

Edited by Dogbyte, 22 February 2013 - 08:45 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

#42 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,346 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

so everyone is back on Lu's bandwagon now?

People were off it?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#43 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

boring game , not the canucks fault tho
Posted Image

#44 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Are you drunk, I love Lou but that was the epitomy of sleeping your way to a SO. He made good saves but it wasn't a high revved game?

Edit: We play Sun, Tuesday, and not until Sat, Sun back to back next week. Does that change things?

Edited by Dogbyte, 22 February 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#45 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hmm, that's really odd.

I was thinking the same thing haha
But it's most likely just because there were only 5 on deck.

If only the D played like that every game.

I really liked the Hamhuis - Tanev pairing
Posted Image

#46 manudibango

manudibango

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Luongo: Preds 1:0.
Now Luongo is the better goalie for me :emot-parrot:

#47 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image

#48 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

well he did keep the team in it in the first while they were finding their legs.. easily coulda been over after the first the way they played.

#49 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,658 posts

Lol only on CDC

Luongo posts a shutout and people still find a way to knock him saying "he wasn't that busy" or he snoozed his way to the SO"

Regardless of what people say Luongo has been the most consistent Canuck this season and arguably the best goaltender in the League this season

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#50 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing haha
But it's most likely just because there were only 5 on deck.

If only the D played like that every game.

I really liked the Hamhuis - Tanev pairing

Yeah, sometimes you need something to make you focus on what you have to do. We need to have that every game.

#51 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

Don't worry, Schneider fans will be whiny that Luongo got a shootout. They'll try to ignore the fact he was the only person playing in the entire first period and say he had the easiest shutout ever because the canucks started to play good after he carried them while they got up to speed.

#52 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Most boring game ever! How does Nashville sell tickets?

They probably give them away and hope to make money through beer sales and cheerleaders.
Posted Image

#53 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Lol only on CDC

Luongo posts a shutout and people still find a way to knock him saying "he wasn't that busy" or he snoozed his way to the SO"

Regardless of what people say Luongo has been the most consistent Canuck this season and arguably the best goaltender in the League this season

He is still unbeaten in regulation. Only goalie besides stupid chi town?

Edited by Dogbyte, 22 February 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#54 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

I liked the part where Nashville just started dropping their sticks and CDC got mad at Burrows. That was fun.

Also, Nashville's trap game is a cancerous ulcer on hockey.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with the bolded statement above.

Watching Nashville play for the 1 point and a 0-0 tie and take their chances in OT/SO, illustrates the need for the league to start awarding an extra point for a regulation win.

#55 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Don't see how people think Lu did so well. He's being sheltered against weak teams. Nashville's offence is one of the worst in the league. If they didn't have Rinne they would be battling for Mackinnon/Jones.

#56 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Was it just me or did Nash play a ton of techno? Was not expecting that from such a music rich area.

#57 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Don't worry, Schneider fans will be whiny that Luongo got a shootout. They'll try to ignore the fact he was the only person playing in the entire first period and say he had the easiest shutout ever because the canucks started to play good after he carried them while they got up to speed.

Yeah - a shutout is not good enough. We want negative goals for the other team.

Canucks 1 : Preds -1
Posted Image

#58 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Lol only on CDC

I like both goalies but lean towards Cory as the long-term solution for the Nucks. Having said that, the only reason the Nucks got a sniff at this win was because of Lu. It could easily have been 4-0 ofter the first. Anyone putting him down or belittling his contribution tonight is not a real Nucks fan. He won one for the team and deserves the accolades.

#59 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with the bolded statement above.

Watching Nashville play for the 1 point and a 0-0 tie and take their chances in OT/SO, illustrates the need for the league to start awarding an extra point for a regulation win.

Yeah, it's obvious to anyone who likes intelligence and fairness, but Bettman's selling parity right now. Great for league revenue too. Pretty hard to move up or down in the standings when everyone gets points every game.

#60 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

LUONGO NOW TIED 15TH ALL TIME WITH TURK BRODA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.