The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If KB3 is going to miss some games....Who is his best replacement?

Understand

Barker pls lets get him some games in a nucks uni so he can at least prove how bad he is. Or otherwise prove me wrong he has nothing to loose every team has given up on him or we wouldn't have been able to get him. I for one would be over the moon happy if he could show some value. Now is his Last chance to show he can be an nhl player. If we bring Alberts up we could lose him when he goes back down. If we send Barker back down he's down for good no one will want him including the Canucks. I will be cheering for him to at the very least not be a liability. Sorry Barker if that's the best you get. Everyone loves an underdog but you were a top dog who became a complete write off. its a hard road back to the top.

I want to bring up Vandermeer, safe defensively, tough, and a good veteran presence. If I remember right reentry waivers are gone in the new CBA, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

2nd choice is Alberts, he's reliable enough, tough and is already used to the system.

Ballard has (surprisingly) looked solid playing on the right side and I would say he has been our most consistent dman this season so far. Time to give him a bit of a shot..... I say put him with Hamhuis 5 on 5 and with Garrison on the 2nd PP. Ballard in the top 4 brings the most similar game to Bieksa and I think he could thrive there.

Garrison and Edler both look terrible on the right side imo.

alberts deserves it , he's been the oddman out for 3 years now , rome really took his spot last year as the 7th dman

hes a big body , knows the system

hes the obvious choice and barker will come into play next injury , could be sooner then you think

and forget about his draft position , there not going to be playing him in a roll that he could even put up points

alberts just makes sense , barker is there to fill a hole if alberts is already in or injured

Archived