The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If KB3 is going to miss some games....Who is his best replacement?

Understand

I can understand. I've been thinking on the same line, but Alberts has been slow, despite his bulky presence. Therefore, I would rather have Vancouver experiment with Barker to see if he brings a physical presence as well as a quick and defensive one.

Rome won a cup? Sopel won a cup? O'Brien won a cup? Whats your point? Barker recently got cut from an AHL team because he wasn't even that great for them defensively this year yet you think he will be better than Alberts? Even Oilers fans hate him and they don't have any defense at all.

In a shortened season, why would the Canucks not go with a player they are familiar with and know what he brings in Alberts ?

It is a no brainer. Not an ideal defenseman for many fans here and I would like to see Barker play but Alberts is the bset fit.

Alberts is tougher and will play more physical than Barker. Alberts and Barker are both not the most mobile of players. Barker may have a slight advantage in his skillset vs Alberts in terms of puckhandling, passing and we know Alberts takes random " stupid penalties ".

I bet it was a very close decision to make, but Alberts experience of playing in Vancouver's system I am sure got him the spot today.

Archived