Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

If KB3 is going to miss some games....Who is his best replacement?

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I would assume that the lines will be:
Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Ballard
Garrison - Alberts

Alberts can barely play the left side, how the hell will he play the right side?

#92 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Do you know that if not of KB3, there would be atleast 5 less goals scored against us!?!?!? and he wouldn't have to score those last minute goals if he wasn't always getting lost in the defensive zone and blowing leads.

Sit Hamuis? lol.

Do you know that if not of KB3, there would be atleast 5 less goals scored against us!?!?!? and he wouldn't have to score those last minute goals if he wasn't always getting lost in the defensive zone and blowing leads.

Sit Hamuis? lol.

Re: Bieksa, funny how he is consistently a plus player - obviously you only view him through the lenses of your prejudices.

#93 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

What can Alberts do that Barker does not do better? Barker is a 3rd rounder, Alberts? Barker won a cup....Alberts?

Rome won a cup? Sopel won a cup? O'Brien won a cup? Whats your point? Barker recently got cut from an AHL team because he wasn't even that great for them defensively this year yet you think he will be better than Alberts? Even Oilers fans hate him and they don't have any defense at all.

Posted Image

#94 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Do you know that if not of KB3, there will at least be 2 more losses showing in our recrod. KB3 scored at least 2 HUGE last min goals to save the team from a loss already. KB3 is our MVP on defense.
I would not mind to see Garrison or Hammer to sit out a game and see what Barker and Vandermeer can do. Hammer looks lost and does not seem to know what to do with the puck in the offensive zone. Garrrison just sucks so far....

Maybe we could sit the Sedins and Burrows to see what Alex Mallet and Bill Sweatt can do. Then maybe sit out Schneider and Luongo to see what Cannata can do.

Posted Image

#95 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Rome won a cup? Sopel won a cup? O'Brien won a cup? Whats your point? Barker recently got cut from an AHL team because he wasn't even that great for them defensively this year yet you think he will be better than Alberts? Even Oilers fans hate him and they don't have any defense at all.

with oilers he had injury issues, in a rebuild, room was toxic as no one liked the coach , as far as your AHL comment thats wrong he was on only on a temp contract to stay in game shape, he looked good in the Spengler Cup, who knows, he might have matured, it sounds like he's in the best shape of his life.
There's some real sucker fans who don't even let the kid play before demonizing him, brutal as he's one of ours now.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#96 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

If bieksa can't go I think it'll be
Garrison-hamhuis
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Alberts

#97 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'd rather use Alberts since he knows our system and we know what we're getting when we call him up. There's little room for experimentation in this shortened season.

#98 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'd rather use Alberts since he knows our system and we know what we're getting when we call him up. There's little room for experimentation in this shortened season.

I can understand. I've been thinking on the same line, but Alberts has been slow, despite his bulky presence. Therefore, I would rather have Vancouver experiment with Barker to see if he brings a physical presence as well as a quick and defensive one.
Posted Image

#99 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

I still can't believe people actually think Alberts is a better player than Cam Barker.....lol.

#100 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Rome

This is the only correct answer.

#101 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

This is the only correct answer.

Roman Empire fell thousands of years ago..
Posted Image

#102 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hamhuis - Ballard
Edler - Tanev
Garrison - Alberts/Barker

zackass.png

#103 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

Our gingers sure can put up points. How about we start Lulongo and then have Schneiderman lace up in Boom Boom's place.

#104 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph
VAN D-pairs: Garrison-Edler / Hamhuis-Tanev / Alberts-Ballard

No David Booth on the ice for #canucks morning skate. Lines : 22-33-14 / 21-45-9 / 20-17-36 / 32-40-32

Edited by Jester13, 24 February 2013 - 08:15 AM.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#105 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Alberts deserves it. Wouldn't mind seeing Kevin Connauton here sometime though.

#106 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,951 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

I can understand. I've been thinking on the same line, but Alberts has been slow, despite his bulky presence. Therefore, I would rather have Vancouver experiment with Barker to see if he brings a physical presence as well as a quick and defensive one.

Then you don't know Barker very well. He's neither quick, nor defensive and he doesn't play a very physical game despite his size. Alberts is by no means quick either, but he is physical and knows he system quite well as was mentioned.

I still can't believe people actually think Alberts is a better player than Cam Barker.....lol.

:picard:

I'll have to side with the Canucks on this one.

VAN D-pairs: Garrison-Edler / Hamhuis-Tanev / Alberts-Ballard

No David Booth on the ice for #canucks morning skate. Lines : 22-33-14 / 21-45-9 / 20-17-36 / 32-40-32

32-40-32? He must have meant to put Volpatti in one of those spots.

Interesting D choices though, I figured Edler would slide back to the right but I guess we'll see how it works out.

Edited by elvis15, 24 February 2013 - 10:16 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#107 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I wish we could call up Corrado, he's a right handed shot and doing great in the OHL for Kitchener.

Key phrase: "in the OHL". He's not even remotely ready for the NHL yet.
Posted Image

#108 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

No he did not. He signed a 25 game contract with the Texas Stars.

#109 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

I was hoping we'd get a look @ Cam Barker tonight, but I think Alberts has payed his dues
Posted Image

#110 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

In a shortened season, why would the Canucks not go with a player they are familiar with and know what he brings in Alberts ?

It is a no brainer. Not an ideal defenseman for many fans here and I would like to see Barker play but Alberts is the bset fit.

Alberts is tougher and will play more physical than Barker. Alberts and Barker are both not the most mobile of players. Barker may have a slight advantage in his skillset vs Alberts in terms of puckhandling, passing and we know Alberts takes random " stupid penalties ".

I bet it was a very close decision to make, but Alberts experience of playing in Vancouver's system I am sure got him the spot today.
Posted Image

#111 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Re: Bieksa, funny how he is consistently a plus player - obviously you only view him through the lenses of your prejudices.

Bieksa first game not in the lineup, 8-3. As I said earlier, KB3 is the leader on defense and on this team. I can't imagine our team without KB3....

I think after tonite ass kicking by the Wings, people will finally understand why I said Hamhuis and Garrison need to sit a game or two and give a chance to Barker and Vandermeer.

#112 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'd like to see Barker get a shot, after what happened tonight. Just for the sake of switching it up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.