The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 all time Canucks- #1

Langdon Algur

All time greatest Canuck - #1  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I nominate Kevin Bieksa.

The Canucks have never had a number 1 defenseman, but I think there should be a defenseman on that list. There was a time when I sincerely undervalued him, but he is probably the best defenseman in Canucks history besides Reinhart, and Reinhart played only 2 seasons here, so he won't get it.

Kevin has had 3 40+ point seasons here, he's still young, but has played 442 games with the org, has worn an 'A', is a leader on the ice, and in the community fighting for mental health. He was a big contributor with 10 points/25 playoff games to the SCF run.

To me the top 5 defenseman are:

1. Bieksa

2. Lumme

3. Ohlund

4. Salo

5. Reinhart

I don't get why people say Linden for now, and Sedins in a few years. The Sedins have already passed Linden in terms of scoring, and essentially have topped him in every other way. Not taking anything away from Linden, he's one of my favourite players. But I must give credit where it's due, as opposed to picking your childhood hero.

I vote Henrik.

Nominate Luongo.

henrik doesnt win becasue as we have had the best team in the league we fell short.. linden inspired a mid pack team full of warriors to go the distance canucks management never felt the need to go and trade for someone like kassian to stick up for linden he could do it himself. linden held everyone on the team accountable and made them play with respect and honor linden didnt take 4 years to develope he was an impact the second he was drafted to the canucks. and 1 other thing back in the late 80s early 90s they didnt just hand assists to star players just for being on the ice like they do today sure henrik passed him in points but its far easier to get an assist these days than it was then and the score board only counts goals , linden 318 goals as a canuck 375 goals career henrik 173 career all with nucks. daniel is flat out the better sedin always has been he can dish and fill the net. linden showed up to the canucks the man he is today.... linden helped groom the sedins into the men they are now.

i'm going to vote Bure as the greatest Canucks ever.. i mean he's literally a 1 man army can do all the offense all by himself without any help.. put him with a bunch of plugs and he'll still produce you 50+ goals. Every time he touches the puck you just know something special is about to happen. only reason i ain't going to pick the Sedins are they ain't as effective of a player without each other.. so it have to be a package deal.

Nominating Luongo.. i don't even know how he's not on the list

The Steamer.

At Five foot eight and a Canuck legend,young Jordan Schroeder would do well to dig into the archives and see what Stan brought to the game and how he brought credibility and consistentcy to the Canuck franchise.

Stan has been within the Canucks organisation since 1978 making him the greatest Canuck.

The most talented Canuck goes to Pavel.

The most gracious Canuck goes to Henrik and Cliff Ronning.

It would still be Linden as it stands now. I was only a toddler during the 94 cup finals, but after watching highlighted replays I can tell how Linden served as an inspiration on the ice during that run (and of course, he was a great person off the ice too). The most iconic thing Jim Robson ever uttered was symbolic of that: "He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches." (this fan base will never forgive Messier for that cheap shot). Then in game 7, he goes on to single-handedly score our only 2 goals to give us our best shot at the cup in team history? Unbelievable.

However, Smyl, Bure, and Naslund are all definitely in the mix. And of course, I think the Sedin twins could end up going down as the two greatest canucks to ever lace up the skates. They're phenomenal players and the way they've proven the haters wrong time and again is really something. They deserve the cup as much as anyone else, I sure hope this team can win it at least for them.

Archived