250 replies to this topic

#1 simalexander

simalexander

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

So we go from La dominating in the playoffs to Chicago dominating in the regular season. I for one am sick of seeing a team just dominate and the reason I am saying is because the way Chicago is playing right now there is no way they won't won't win the Stanley Cup and I say a team that just won a Stanley Cup recently like 2-3 seasons ago doesn't need to win another one. I think a team has to go 10 seasons or more before they can say we deserve the Stanley Cup. The reason I say that is because a team like the Canucks, Senators, Leafs, Rangers deserve it more then a team that has won it recently like Chicago.

#2 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

POPULAR

Peaking at the beginning of the season....lol
We will peak in late April.

#3 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,515 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

We will see if Crawford/Emery are good enough in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#4 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I rather them peak early then in the playoffs especially if we end up playing them at some point in the playoffs and then when we beat them we can see Toews cry :lol: It will be a glorious day!

2en5jwi.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#5 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

My only concern is that they're winning close games and breaking open tied games with ease, which is what you need to win in the playoffs. L.A played this way all season with close-checking tight 1 goal games and that experience payed off in the playoffs, now Chicago is gaining that same experience and learning how to win games.

Our only hope is that their defence doesn't survive. Their top-6 is the best in the league and is going to score goals no matter what, but right now their bottom pairing defencemen are playing well which is an inconsistency - we've seen Oduya, Brookbank and even Hjarlmasson play poorly before and they'll do it again.

As for Crawford and Emery, they've been good but it's not like they're carrying their team - the players in front are. Best chance to beat the Blackhawks is for their defence to buckle.
Posted Image

#6 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,792 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

POPULAR

Cups aren't handed out to a waiting list. The team that plays the best deserves the cup. The NHL isn't scripted, believe it or not.

You're sick of seeing Chicago dominate? Maybe they'll stop if you ask really nicely.

JpUlGP5.png

HurriKane

#7 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

So we go from La dominating in the playoffs to Chicago dominating in the regular season. I for one am sick of seeing a team just dominate and the reason I am saying is because the way Chicago is playing right now there is no way they won't won't win the Stanley Cup and I say a team that just won a Stanley Cup recently like 2-3 seasons ago doesn't need to win another one. I think a team has to go 10 seasons or more before they can say we deserve the Stanley Cup. The reason I say that is because a team like the Canucks, Senators, Leafs, Rangers deserve it more then a team that has won it recently like Chicago.

This post.

Are you kidding me? You troll right? OK, I'll bite...

The Hawks don't deserve to win another Cup because they just won one recently. Get the hell out of here. Do you know who deserves to win a Cup? I'll tell you, you know, since you're a bit lost. The team that through drafting, trades, development of prospects and general good coaching and implementation of a good system highlighting the strengths of said talented team, is the team that deserves to win the Cup as often as they can endure and win it.

If the Canucks go on a 3 year Cup winning run will you tire of league dominance? Doubtful.

Have a fun filled, positive weekend where you get banned from this site and find something to smile about.

#8 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

It's a short season - they could very well go on and dominate until the real race starts.

Which would suck, because they piss me off so much. To be honest though, I don't see that happening. They'll cool off. Crashhhh and burn ; how fun would that be.

#9 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I disagree.

If a team is good enough to get 16 wins in the playoffs, they deserve the Stanley Cup. It shouldn't matter if they've won it recently. There would be no point in playing professional sports if you didn't play to win a championship every single season. That's what makes sport competitive and enjoyable to watch.

As for Chicago's recent run, 17-0-3 is incredibly impressive. Do I like it? Not in the least. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the three previous record holders go on to win the Stanley Cup? Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be the case for the Hawks :P 

#10 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Impressive streak. Can't last. Something's gotta give sooner or later...my bet's on goaltending. ;)
Posted Image

#11 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

The team that wins the cup deserves the cup. There's nothing more to it than that. Pretty simple of you ask me.

#12 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

They are looking very good now but you don't know what their injury situation will be come playoff time and who they will match up against. I think a lot of people would rank them the favorites now but just because it looks that way now doesn't mean it will stay that way.

I'm not cheering for Chicago but sometimes it's nice to see the teams you don't like win a bit, it adds a bit more interest to things.

#13 simalexander

simalexander

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

If the Cup keeps going to teams that have won it recently then the Cup will never come back to Canada. Which means you can kiss goodbye to the Cup going to the Canucks or any other Canadian team cause it will just keep going to teams that have just won it like Chicago, Boston, and LA. Besides I don't want to see Chicago win another Stanley Cup before we do it would just be too much too bear for me.

#14 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Those teams are beatable and besides, the team that wins the cup deserves it. No question about that. Whether they get hot at the right time or dominate the regular season, it doesn't matter. You play hard and adjust to beat those teams and if you don't, tough luck.

#15 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

i'd rather go on a 14-0-3 run going into the playoffs rather than the beginning of the year. I bet they cool off come playoff time for a 3rd straight 1st round exit

#16 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the three previous record holders go on to win the Stanley Cup? Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be the case for the Hawks :P

the previous canadian cities to host the olympics had their team win the cup the following year so we should have won in 2011, these past stats don't really mean anything

#17 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

OP the team that deserves the Cup is the team that wins 16 games in the playoffs. It has absolutely nothing to do with how long the franchise has been waiting.

Also just because Chicago is off to a hot start does not mean they'll win the Cup. If they keep playing like this they will probably win, but there's no way they can keep this up through the whole season. That's not to say they're not a good team but they will run into trouble at some point, no team can just dominate for the whole year, not in the NHL. Remember Detroit won 23 straight home games last year, they were out in the first round. In 2011 we ran away with the Presidents Trophy, but ran into trouble in the first round and lost in the Final.

#18 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,815 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

This would actually go against what the NHL would want. They won't win it again that soon.

And their team is nowhere near as good as the previous record holders. The hawks are overachieving. They can't keep it up all season.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#19 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

I'll laugh when they will inevitably crash and burn like the garbage they truly are, while we lift the cup in June.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#20 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

POPULAR

This may be one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while

Posted Image

#21 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I think we all know very well that dominating the regular season doesn't win the cup.

sig by Malkin71

#22 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,777 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

It's hard not to hate a team full of dbags like the Hawks. From their overrated captain on down. Used to respect Hossa a bit, but even he is an 'official' Hawk after that brutal dive to get Hansen suspended. Now there's not one Hawk i can honestly respect.

Didn't like the Ducks much in '07 either, but at least Niedermayer and Selanne are all-class. It's a shame that Team Douchebag beat their record.
Posted Image

#23 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Good for them. I don't like any of the Hawks (with maybe the exception of Joe Q since it's HILARIOUS to see him go brick red and spout off when he gets pissed), one bit but good for them.

Time will tell if it means anything come playoffs, Canucks know as well as anyone that the real test starts when the playoffs do, regular season is so nonchalance as long as you make it into the top 8.

#24 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Clearly it's an NHL conspiracy. I mean, what else could it be?

#25 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

If the Cup keeps going to teams that have won it recently then the Cup will never come back to Canada. Which means you can kiss goodbye to the Cup going to the Canucks or any other Canadian team cause it will just keep going to teams that have just won it like Chicago, Boston, and LA. Besides I don't want to see Chicago win another Stanley Cup before we do it would just be too much too bear for me.

I guess you should stop watching NHL hockey then.
The team that wins the most games and gets the most points, especially in the playoffs, wins the Cup, regardless of how long it has been since they won it before.
Heck not that long ago, the Penguins and the Wings were in the Stanley Cup Finals 2 years in a row, with a different result each year.
Bottom line is, the best team takes home the biggest prize!
Get over it!

#26 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I can't wait to see this guy start a thread if the Hawks do win the Cup. He will probably say that it was undeserved because of the shortened season or some conspiracy nonsense.
The best team wins it all and even though the Nucks had a very impressive run to make it to the finals in 2011 (that was an amazing year for Vancouver), they just weren't good enough to win it all in the end. Unfortunately, now their window seems to be closing, as the Sedins are getting older every year and although they are still two of the most elite players in the league, their productivity is bound to drop as they age.

#27 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago get's stunned in round 1. Remember Detroit in 2006? That was unexpected.

#28 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Injure their players so they start losing.
Posted Image

#29 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

The last several teams who have achieved similar starts as the Hawks went on to win the Cup. So seriously, give Kane an ACL, Hossa another concussion and Keith whatever already.
Posted Image

#30 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I would love it if my Fav team would win multiple cups either back to back or within a couple years ala Edmonton did in the glory days of being great.
Also as Vancouver and other teams have proven a great regular season does not mean a Cup.
they can not keep it up they have a mistaken Identity right now and they are going to be exposed for what they really are soon enough. esp the goalies.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.