The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks Point Streak

simalexander

So we go from La dominating in the playoffs to Chicago dominating in the regular season. I for one am sick of seeing a team just dominate and the reason I am saying is because the way Chicago is playing right now there is no way they won't won't win the Stanley Cup and I say a team that just won a Stanley Cup recently like 2-3 seasons ago doesn't need to win another one. I think a team has to go 10 seasons or more before they can say we deserve the Stanley Cup. The reason I say that is because a team like the Canucks, Senators, Leafs, Rangers deserve it more then a team that has won it recently like Chicago.

My only concern is that they're winning close games and breaking open tied games with ease, which is what you need to win in the playoffs. L.A played this way all season with close-checking tight 1 goal games and that experience payed off in the playoffs, now Chicago is gaining that same experience and learning how to win games.

Our only hope is that their defence doesn't survive. Their top-6 is the best in the league and is going to score goals no matter what, but right now their bottom pairing defencemen are playing well which is an inconsistency - we've seen Oduya, Brookbank and even Hjarlmasson play poorly before and they'll do it again.

As for Crawford and Emery, they've been good but it's not like they're carrying their team - the players in front are. Best chance to beat the Blackhawks is for their defence to buckle.

So we go from La dominating in the playoffs to Chicago dominating in the regular season. I for one am sick of seeing a team just dominate and the reason I am saying is because the way Chicago is playing right now there is no way they won't won't win the Stanley Cup and I say a team that just won a Stanley Cup recently like 2-3 seasons ago doesn't need to win another one. I think a team has to go 10 seasons or more before they can say we deserve the Stanley Cup. The reason I say that is because a team like the Canucks, Senators, Leafs, Rangers deserve it more then a team that has won it recently like Chicago.

It's a short season - they could very well go on and dominate until the real race starts.

Which would suck, because they piss me off so much. To be honest though, I don't see that happening. They'll cool off. Crashhhh and burn ; how fun would that be.

They are looking very good now but you don't know what their injury situation will be come playoff time and who they will match up against. I think a lot of people would rank them the favorites now but just because it looks that way now doesn't mean it will stay that way.

I'm not cheering for Chicago but sometimes it's nice to see the teams you don't like win a bit, it adds a bit more interest to things.

If the Cup keeps going to teams that have won it recently then the Cup will never come back to Canada. Which means you can kiss goodbye to the Cup going to the Canucks or any other Canadian team cause it will just keep going to teams that have just won it like Chicago, Boston, and LA. Besides I don't want to see Chicago win another Stanley Cup before we do it would just be too much too bear for me.

OP the team that deserves the Cup is the team that wins 16 games in the playoffs. It has absolutely nothing to do with how long the franchise has been waiting.

Also just because Chicago is off to a hot start does not mean they'll win the Cup. If they keep playing like this they will probably win, but there's no way they can keep this up through the whole season. That's not to say they're not a good team but they will run into trouble at some point, no team can just dominate for the whole year, not in the NHL. Remember Detroit won 23 straight home games last year, they were out in the first round. In 2011 we ran away with the Presidents Trophy, but ran into trouble in the first round and lost in the Final.

Archived