250 replies to this topic

#31 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,630 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I agree OP. If the Jets won the Cup, I know I wouldn't want them to win another for at least 10 years.

Leafs fans must be very satisfied.

#32 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

The NHL isn't scripted, believe it or not.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#33 Crazyhawk

Crazyhawk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Not to worry Canuck faithfull as Hawk fans are enjoying this streak but not getting overly excited.
It's nice and all but as we all know it's how you finish that counts!

#34 simalexander

simalexander

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Besides The only reason Chicago is on this streak is because there is no East vs West games. I don't think Chicago would be on this hot streak if they had faced Pittsburgh, Rangers, or Boston.

#35 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

why would certain teams deserve it more?

You gotta go out there and earn it son

#36 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I can't tell this if this is the dumbest thread I've ever read or a brilliant satire. Sadly I think it's the former. So to summarize what I've read so far on this thread, teams who have won the cup shouldn't be allowed to be competitive for at least 10 years because someone else should have a turn at winning the cup. What do you think this is? T-Ball? Another megamind suggested purposely injuring their star players rather than having to compete with them on a level playing field. Wow, just speechless

#37 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

and seriously Toronto? they haven't made the playoffs since 2 lockouts ago

#38 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Besides The only reason Chicago is on this streak is because there is no East vs West games. I don't think Chicago would be on this hot streak if they had faced Pittsburgh, Rangers, or Boston.

Your excuses are just plain BS and childish. Anaheim who set the previous record was in an 82 game season and they played teams from both conferences.

I hate Chicago as much as the next guy, but you have to give credit when its due. Saying a team doesn't deserve to win the Cup because they won it just a few years ago is absurd.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#39 simalexander

simalexander

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Your right it is absurd but I just don't want to see the Canada Stanley Cup drought continue for another season. The Cup hasn't been won by a Canadian team since 1993.

#40 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

No biggie really. They will inevitably crash and burn, be it in their next game, or in the WCF against us, I don't care. Despite what you might think, this streak is probably taking a lot out of them.

Also, if they hit the playoffs and hit, say, Rinne on a hot streak in round 1, then I can see them going out. Happened to us vs Quick last year.

#41 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

No biggie really. They will inevitably crash and burn, be it in their next game, or in the WCF against us, I don't care. Despite what you might think, this streak is probably taking a lot out of them.

Also, if they hit the playoffs and hit, say, Rinne on a hot streak in round 1, then I can see them going out. Happened to us vs Quick last year.

Happened to them vs Smith last year too.
Posted Image

#42 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,554 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Playoffs are a new season. Doesn't matter what they're doing right now, as we've learned with winning the Presidents Trophy. No one cares at the seasons' end.

Let them puff up their egos some more...if they come crashing down it'll make it twice as impactful.

They're a talented team - I give them that. But the cockiness that coincides with that is nauseating. And the antics are appalling...a nice shot from behind into the boards last night in the closing seconds? Karma should come knocking soon.

Posted Image

#43 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Lots of Chicago hate on here...understandably!...To Chicago's credit,at least they play an exciting brand of hockey...Unlike the sometimes boring,stifling styles of the Kings,Preds,Blues,Coyotes and Wild.

#44 The Manatee King

The Manatee King

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

This Chicago team is playing with the speed and skill of the 2011 Canucks. Passing and puck possession at its finest. Normally I would say that a big, disciplined, defensive team would knock them off in the playoffs but the NHL has been calling any slight obstruction this year. If they continue to make those calls, I'd be afraid of matching up against Chicago.

#45 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

You know what they say the bigger they are the harder they fall. Once this winning streak ends i have a feeling the Hawks will fall hard. They also haven't had any long term injuries this season so wait for it.
Oh and one more thing, if Hossa gets injured again their screwed!

Edited by Hockey Fever, 25 February 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#46 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I blame the Canucks. They should have taken care of Duncan Keith in their first game of the season. None of this streak nonsense would have been going on.

#47 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Congratulations to the Hawks.....if we drew the Hawks in the first round (us 8th and them 1st) of the playoffs this year...I would still like our chances.Why?....because the Hawks goaltending is going to come back down to Earth eventually,,our goaltending tandem beats theirs.

I also believe that finishing first brings more expectations and pressure..I don't think the Canucks will the Presidents Trophy this year,which may not be such a bad thing.

#48 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

After winning the presidents trophy twice in a row and falling short you think we'd know better than anyone that regular season dominance doesn't always translate into playoff success.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Congratulations to the Hawks.....if we drew the Hawks in the first round (us 8th and them 1st) of the playoffs this year...I would still like our chances.Why?....because the Hawks goaltending is going to come back down to Earth eventually,,our goaltending tandem beats theirs.

I also believe that finishing first brings more expectations and pressure..I don't think the Canucks will the Presidents Trophy this year,which may not be such a bad thing.

While I agree your goaltending is better the hawks are deeper on defense and roll four lines. The game last week showed it. Schneider stood on his head and the nucks were outplayed pretty handily. Wouldn't be a pushover of a series but it would be a tall order for van to win a seven game seri es as the rosters are currently made up.

#50 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

what makes you guys think they wont do another hot streak right after they lose their first regulation game? Do you guys even seen these guys play outside of them playing the Canucks? They made them stupid Oilers look like fools tonight, they also made us look like fools too. Luckily we are still a powerful team, not as poweful as them, but a powerful team, and have offensive dmans. These guys are for real, and I think the Chicago Blackhawks are the number favorite to win the Stanley cup followed by L.A Kings, and then unfortunatley then its the Vancouver Canucks. Unless Mike Gillis finds us the following piece.

a puck rushing offensive defencemen.
OR a Norris calibre defencemen.
OR a top pairing dman.

Lets face it, we don't have the strengh on defence we had in 2011. We are also missing an offensive dman like Christian Ehrhoff. Huge pieces missing right there. Our defence is still very strong, but not like 2011. If MIke Gillis does not get us those pieces, unlkely we will reach the Stanley cup finals.

While I agree your goaltending is better the hawks are deeper on defense and roll four lines. The game last week showed it. Schneider stood on his head and the nucks were outplayed pretty handily. Wouldn't be a pushover of a series but it would be a tall order for van to win a seven game seri es as the rosters are currently made up.

I totally disagree on the Hawks having a deeper defence.

Hawks top 2 > Canucks top 2, but after that if you go player to player comparison Canucks are "deeper" on defence, but as a team Hawks play a far superior defensive game.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 26 February 2013 - 01:16 AM.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#51 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

We were outplayed somewhat,in stretches,but in no way dominated by the Hawks..We didn't really have Kesler (still not there yet) or Booth,,in reality,we were completely missing our second line.(that is a game changer..and a big deal.!!) .What Chicago has going for them currently is youth..Toews and Kane are coming into their prime playing years.

Two years ago the Canucks were the dominant team (almost got knocked off by Chicago)...Three years ago,the Hawks had an amazing team (almost knocked off by Nashville)...The playoffs are a completely kettle of fish..It's more down to 'who's hot,and who's not'

#52 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hawks fans sure are confident right now(understandably). It's just too bad the Cup isn't handed out in late February.
Posted Image

#53 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

what makes you guys think they wont do another hot streak right after they lose their first regulation game? Do you guys even seen these guys play outside of them playing the Canucks? They made them stupid Oilers look like fools tonight, they also made us look like fools too. Luckily we are still a powerful team, not as poweful as them, but a powerful team, and have offensive dmans. These guys are for real, and I think the Chicago Blackhawks are the number favorite to win the Stanley cup followed by L.A Kings, and then unfortunatley then its the Vancouver Canucks. Unless Mike Gillis finds us the following piece.

a puck rushing offensive defencemen.
OR a Norris calibre defencemen.
OR a top pairing dman.

Lets face it, we don't have the strengh on defence we had in 2011. We are also missing an offensive dman like Christian Ehrhoff. Huge pieces missing right there. Our defence is still very strong, but not like 2011. If MIke Gillis does not get us those pieces, unlkely we will reach the Stanley cup finals.

I totally disagree on the Hawks having a deeper defence.

Hawks top 2 > Canucks top 2, but after that if you go player to player comparison Canucks are "deeper" on defence, but as a team Hawks play a far superior defensive game.

Hawks still dont have steve montador back from a concussion and just started practicing again. Unless the nucks can go eight deep on the blue line the hawks are deeper on defense. You can argue the quality of your bottom four is better then the hawks. Id disagree with you but you could try and argue it. The numbers say differently since johnny oduya and nik hjalmarsson became their second pair last year

#54 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hawks fans sure are confident right now(understandably). It's just too bad the Cup isn't handed out in late February.

We're not as confident as you think. Yes we're proud of what the team has accomplished but we know it means nothing when it comes time for the playoffs.

#55 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

We're not as confident as you think. Yes we're proud of what the team has accomplished but we know it means nothing when it comes time for the playoffs.

I'm glad to hear you are staying grounded Darth. I was just basing that statement on the spike of Hawk trolls on here in the last few days. Had me wondering if I missed the 2013 Cup presentation.

Edited by pimpcurtly, 26 February 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

canucks fans know better than anybody that doing well in the regular season means nothing come playoff time lol

#57 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hawks still dont have steve montador back from a concussion and just started practicing again. Unless the nucks can go eight deep on the blue line the hawks are deeper on defense. You can argue the quality of your bottom four is better then the hawks. Id disagree with you but you could try and argue it. The numbers say differently since johnny oduya and nik hjalmarsson became their second pair last year

As of right now, I'd agree that Hawks D is way better than Nucks D. Since when has Oduya been such a stud? I am very curious, though, to see if it holds up.
Posted Image

#58 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

As of right now, I'd agree that Hawks D is way better than Nucks D. Since when has Oduya been such a stud? I am very curious, though, to see if it holds up.

Since acquiring Oduya last February we've only lost twice in regulation during the regualr season and a total of 6 times if you include the playoffs. I don't know where this Oduya has come from but I like it. But the big questions is the playoffs, he totally lost him game against Phoenix and most Hawks fans are worried about this year too. Although Oduya will have had more playing time with the team and he's really click with Hjalmarsson, on some nights they are the best defensive pair.

#59 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'm glad to hear you are staying grounded Darth. I was just basing that statement on the spike of Hawk trolls on here in the last few days. Had me wondering if I missed the 2013 Cup presentation.

Hawks trolls on your boards...Canucks trolls on ours...the trolls are everywhere!

#60 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Since acquiring Oduya last February we've only lost twice in regulation during the regualr season and a total of 6 times if you include the playoffs. I don't know where this Oduya has come from but I like it. But the big questions is the playoffs, he totally lost him game against Phoenix and most Hawks fans are worried about this year too. Although Oduya will have had more playing time with the team and he's really click with Hjalmarsson, on some nights they are the best defensive pair.

That's a scary thought from our perspective.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.