The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks Point Streak

simalexander

No biggie really. They will inevitably crash and burn, be it in their next game, or in the WCF against us, I don't care. Despite what you might think, this streak is probably taking a lot out of them.

Also, if they hit the playoffs and hit, say, Rinne on a hot streak in round 1, then I can see them going out. Happened to us vs Quick last year.

Playoffs are a new season. Doesn't matter what they're doing right now, as we've learned with winning the Presidents Trophy. No one cares at the seasons' end.

Let them puff up their egos some more...if they come crashing down it'll make it twice as impactful.

They're a talented team - I give them that. But the cockiness that coincides with that is nauseating. And the antics are appalling...a nice shot from behind into the boards last night in the closing seconds? Karma should come knocking soon.

This Chicago team is playing with the speed and skill of the 2011 Canucks. Passing and puck possession at its finest. Normally I would say that a big, disciplined, defensive team would knock them off in the playoffs but the NHL has been calling any slight obstruction this year. If they continue to make those calls, I'd be afraid of matching up against Chicago.

You know what they say the bigger they are the harder they fall. Once this winning streak ends i have a feeling the Hawks will fall hard. They also haven't had any long term injuries this season so wait for it.

Oh and one more thing, if Hossa gets injured again their screwed!

Congratulations to the Hawks.....if we drew the Hawks in the first round (us 8th and them 1st) of the playoffs this year...I would still like our chances.Why?....because the Hawks goaltending is going to come back down to Earth eventually,,our goaltending tandem beats theirs.

I also believe that finishing first brings more expectations and pressure..I don't think the Canucks will the Presidents Trophy this year,which may not be such a bad thing.

Congratulations to the Hawks.....if we drew the Hawks in the first round (us 8th and them 1st) of the playoffs this year...I would still like our chances.Why?....because the Hawks goaltending is going to come back down to Earth eventually,,our goaltending tandem beats theirs.

I also believe that finishing first brings more expectations and pressure..I don't think the Canucks will the Presidents Trophy this year,which may not be such a bad thing.

what makes you guys think they wont do another hot streak right after they lose their first regulation game? Do you guys even seen these guys play outside of them playing the Canucks? They made them stupid Oilers look like fools tonight, they also made us look like fools too. Luckily we are still a powerful team, not as poweful as them, but a powerful team, and have offensive dmans. These guys are for real, and I think the Chicago Blackhawks are the number favorite to win the Stanley cup followed by L.A Kings, and then unfortunatley then its the Vancouver Canucks. Unless Mike Gillis finds us the following piece.

a puck rushing offensive defencemen.

OR a Norris calibre defencemen.

OR a top pairing dman.

Lets face it, we don't have the strengh on defence we had in 2011. We are also missing an offensive dman like Christian Ehrhoff. Huge pieces missing right there. Our defence is still very strong, but not like 2011. If MIke Gillis does not get us those pieces, unlkely we will reach the Stanley cup finals.

While I agree your goaltending is better the hawks are deeper on defense and roll four lines. The game last week showed it. Schneider stood on his head and the nucks were outplayed pretty handily. Wouldn't be a pushover of a series but it would be a tall order for van to win a seven game seri es as the rosters are currently made up.

While I agree your goaltending is better the hawks are deeper on defense and roll four lines. The game last week showed it. Schneider stood on his head and the nucks were outplayed pretty handily. Wouldn't be a pushover of a series but it would be a tall order for van to win a seven game seri es as the rosters are currently made up.

what makes you guys think they wont do another hot streak right after they lose their first regulation game? Do you guys even seen these guys play outside of them playing the Canucks? They made them stupid Oilers look like fools tonight, they also made us look like fools too. Luckily we are still a powerful team, not as poweful as them, but a powerful team, and have offensive dmans. These guys are for real, and I think the Chicago Blackhawks are the number favorite to win the Stanley cup followed by L.A Kings, and then unfortunatley then its the Vancouver Canucks. Unless Mike Gillis finds us the following piece.

a puck rushing offensive defencemen.

OR a Norris calibre defencemen.

OR a top pairing dman.

Lets face it, we don't have the strengh on defence we had in 2011. We are also missing an offensive dman like Christian Ehrhoff. Huge pieces missing right there. Our defence is still very strong, but not like 2011. If MIke Gillis does not get us those pieces, unlkely we will reach the Stanley cup finals.

I totally disagree on the Hawks having a deeper defence.

Hawks top 2 > Canucks top 2, but after that if you go player to player comparison Canucks are "deeper" on defence, but as a team Hawks play a far superior defensive game.

Hawks still dont have steve montador back from a concussion and just started practicing again. Unless the nucks can go eight deep on the blue line the hawks are deeper on defense. You can argue the quality of your bottom four is better then the hawks. Id disagree with you but you could try and argue it. The numbers say differently since johnny oduya and nik hjalmarsson became their second pair last year

Since acquiring Oduya last February we've only lost twice in regulation during the regualr season and a total of 6 times if you include the playoffs. I don't know where this Oduya has come from but I like it. But the big questions is the playoffs, he totally lost him game against Phoenix and most Hawks fans are worried about this year too. Although Oduya will have had more playing time with the team and he's really click with Hjalmarsson, on some nights they are the best defensive pair.

Archived