Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Eventual Goalie Controversy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Future in Net (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we keep Luongo or Schneider?

1. Luongo! (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Schneider! (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

3. Give me until the trade deadline to chose! (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

4. Hell if I know! (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

5. Flip a Coin! (1 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote

#1 VC34TML

VC34TML

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Who do the Canucks keep for the future in net after this season? I believe the Canucks will keep both goalies for the duration of this season. Both are playing stellar and the return for either Luongo or Schneider is not even close to what the Canucks feel they are worth. The salary cap will drop after this season and a decision will need to be made at some point..

LUONGO

or

SCHNEIDER

#2 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

POPULAR

If I was to choose right now, Luongo.

Schneids has been the one letting in the soft goals lately, and don't get me wrong he's still playing great, but I'm feeling Lu this year (although I've always been on team Lu, excuse my bias)

I honestly hope we keep them both until the offseason, they're such a great tandem.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#3 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

Luongo has been my favorite Canuck since he arrived. He turned the team around and has done so much for this organization over the years that it feels like letting him down if we trade him now. That's been the feeling since summer. But then again, Schneider has been terrific and shown he can be a starter in the league and should be that. Really, really tough choice to make. Schneider is still young, improving and has more years on the top than Luongo has, so logically it should be Cory that we keep and work it from there. But as Luongo is on top of his game and playing like an all-star - why would anyone let him go now?

My choice will be to keep Luongo and let him run with that ball until Eddie Lack can step up and take control. That's years from now, and could fit the plan. Then again, I won't be too upset if we dealt Luongo and kept Schneider. Win/Win situation anyways.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#4 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

I would love if luo stayed but I don't see it happening how the "fans" turned on him the last few seasons and everything that happened this offseason.

I'm glad Luo is having fun and finally getting appreciated for the great goalie that he is while people are now turning on Schneider but I think the future is schneider.

#5 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Too early for me to say.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#6 canucks.girl1

canucks.girl1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

I'd pick Lu personally but I hope we keep them both for now.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Keep Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Trade Schneider for valuable parts win the cup sounds good I'm in

#8 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Schneider, Lou has done everything but win the cup here and been thrown under the bus way too many times by the fans here, not sure if he wants to stay in a market like this anymore

#9 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,992 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.