Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canucks and the Jets Kane?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Lets bring a local boy with size back home.

Canucks

Schneider and Booth

For

Jets

Kane

If it's true that Luongo has not much value in the market, why not keep him. He's as good if not better than Schneider right now.
The Jets need goaltending and Winnipeg could get an old Moose player. I know they just signed Pavelec but they know better than anyone, how good Schneider is. I'm sure they could dump Pavelec in Long Island or something.
Kane would give us everything we need in size and grit that Kassian isn't quite ready for. I can appreciate Kassian will be good down the road but we need now. Kane has had his problems in Winnipeg and I'm sure he'd love to come home. Could imagine the size and grit he would add to our lineup for years to come. It'd be scary. We would also have 2 very dangerous lines.
In a seperate trade we could go after a 3rd line centre.

#2 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

im ok with that trade however i dont think we need a 3rd line center, Lapierre and schroeder are perfect for the role

#3 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Let's not. Kane has attitude issues. Besides, he's not that big. 6'2" and 195 means he's lighter than Kesler, significantly smaller than Kassian ...about the same as Hansen. Booth has almost 20 pounds on him and plays plenty gritty.

WInnipeg doesn't have a goalie problem so why would they trade their franchise player for a lateral goalie move with perhaps a small upside?

#4 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Let's not. Kane has attitude issues. Besides, he's not that big. 6'2" and 195 means he's lighter than Kesler, significantly smaller than Kassian ...about the same as Hansen. Booth has almost 20 pounds on him and plays plenty gritty.

WInnipeg doesn't have a goalie problem so why would they trade their franchise player for a lateral goalie move with perhaps a small upside?

Kane in my opinion plays bigger than the guys you mentioned. He's only 21 and is still growing.
I don't feel that Pavelec is anything special and that Schneider is a much better goalie. Winnipeg may get sick of Kane and he could become available.
It's a nice pipe dream.

#5 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

im ok with that trade however i dont think we need a 3rd line center, Lapierre and schroeder are perfect for the role

I feel we need a good face off guy as a 3rd line centre for the playoffs. It'd be nice if Schroeder could be converted to the wing.

#6 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I don't think we'll be trading Schneider or Luongo to WPG, HOWEVER

You're wrong about Kane not being very big. 200lbs isn't small by any means, and he fights

My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#7 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Definitely Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

itHkRLv.gif

not posting anything canucks related until october

yolo

#8 mcgillnuck

mcgillnuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Kane's worth significantly more than that...

Props to canuckbuddy for the sig

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Kane's worth significantly more than that...

I think he is worth more but I wouldn't say significantly more and if significantly more is the asking price he is not worth it imo.

edit: i guess it depends on your definition of significantly more LOL

Edited by Aladeen, 23 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

#10 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Winnipeg is not trading Kane. And not for that. He is a franchise player for them.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#11 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Winnipeg is not trading Kane. And not for that. He is a franchise player for them.

Well Schneider is a soon to be franchise goalie. Add in Booth by way of "car salesman" tactics and they might go for it. Kane exactly the kind of winger we need.

#12 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Wrong. Kane's dad played a large role in his development (in a good way, not a CoHo way), he wasn't allowed to touch weights in his teen years. His dad wanted him to fully grow and concentrate on his game. Just now he is starting to bulk up. Also, it's a fact that young players struggle to put on weight until their mid to late 20's. Kane is stud and would be an amazing pick up. I would love this trade.

#13 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Wrong. Kane's dad played a large role in his development (in a good way, not a CoHo way), he wasn't allowed to touch weights in his teen years. His dad wanted him to fully grow and concentrate on his game. Just now he is starting to bulk up. Also, it's a fact that young players struggle to put on weight until their mid to late 20's. Kane is stud and would be an amazing pick up. I would love this trade.

Not to mention that his dad also taught him how to box

Someone on here mentioned he is too skinny... Pribably the same guy that wants Wayne Simmonds so bad. Well he is more lanky than Kane. How much did Iginla weigh when he was 21? I would trade both Booth and Raymond to equal Kane. 30 goals last year... He just keeps rising. Maybe his attitude sucks for Winnipeg. Any of you been there let alone had to live there? And why do people get in his case? Coz he flashed a handful of cash when he went to vegas? Big deal.....Good for him. He did it coz he could

Edited by missioncanucksfan, 23 February 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#14 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Well Schneider is a soon to be franchise goalie. Add in Booth by way of "car salesman" tactics and they might go for it. Kane exactly the kind of winger we need.

Winnipeg is going with Pavelec, for better or worse. Booth won't have that much appeal to them if they have to give up Kane.

Winnipeg will NOT trade Kane unless its for incredible overpayment.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.