Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zoolander

Trading for Veterans w/o trading a netminder

23 posts in this topic

I'd definitely try for Jagr; he could be for this team what Cory Stillman was for the Canes when they won their championship and more. Sure, their guys were good but they just needed a secondary scorer (who got it done before in the playoffs before) who could get it done even at that age. Stillman was that guy for the Canes since he put up better than point-per-game numbers despite his age. Jagr, with two Cups and numerous personal accolades, plus vast experience leading teams, may even be a positive influence for Hank, as well as an established leader for the team as he's gotten it done while being the leader on the Pens, and he still scores at a prolific rate now. He may even teach Kesler how to tone down the moodiness and focus.

I don't think Franzen would be available, he's younger than Alfie and Jagr, and should still factor in offensively long-term with the Wings. Alfie should only be available, as mentioned, if Ottawa was going to have a fire sale if they were struggling (I don't think this condition applies as much for Jagr).

I'd also try for pending UFA's Visnovsky (Streit would probably cost more, since he's their captain, but Lubomir's also a solid PP QB reminiscent of Ehrhoff) or Ribiero (if Jagr won't come then I'd get Ribeiro, who being a pass-first guy, would probably fit well with Kes and Booth, providing a playmaker for them).

Wouldn't mind ray Whitney at deadline be a nice playmaker for kesler

Most interesting on that list is Kovalev!

200 lb plus forward, meaning less susceptible to match up loading than Burrows, and even more moxie? No not the legs and combativeness, but damn he would make our top power play look good!

Jagr is so intriguing, but watching Dallas I could not help but notice how unstructured he plays? Scratch that as an option with the Twins who thrive on structure; unless they become the odd couple... :bigblush:

Wolski, scratch as he's a LW and we're loaded.

I like Boyes. He'd be a great depth winger who could score goals! I'll be watching some Islander games. He's scoring, but is he willing to play hard to really save his career? I bet he would. Him and Kovalev are my most likely!

Yes we need a right handed shot D more; but Kovalev or Boyes is much more readily available, and god we need a true RW as depth in case Hansen or Kassian gets hurt!

Visnovsky????????

We should get Clitsome because his name is inspiring! :frantic:

Edit : oops, Visnovsky is not a right shot. gotta Clitsome!

I think our biggest need is a right-handed partner for Edler, not a forward. We have top-nine depth up the Wazoo. Unless we're going for a CLEAR upgrade, then some combination of Raymond, Booth, Higgins, Kassian, Burrows, Hansen on the wings should be adequate.

I think the blueline is a more pressing need, as is team defense in general.