Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmpunk

Worst Canuck Lineup In The Worst Threads Ever Section

71 posts in this topic

Just saw the guy with the "dream line" thread, I thought of something fun and challenging. Put together your worst Canuck line up of players who have been on this team at any point in 40 years.

The best worst Canuck line up/lines!

Bulis Chouinard Glass

Letowski Lindgren Isbister

Sturm Ritchie Goren

Thas all i could think of as forwards

Kevin Weekes

Bob Essensa

what are some of the worst d-men?

Roberto Luongo as goalie

Jk

Worst D - Eric Weinrich? Aaron Miller? Keith Carney?

Anybody that played less than 5 games for us.

Just saw the guy with the "dream line" thread, I thought of something fun and challenging. Put together your worst Canuck line up of players who have been on this team at any point in 40 years.

Bulis Chouinard Glass

Sturm Ritchie Goren

Kevin Weekes

Bob Essensa

Bulis Chouinard Glass

Sturm Ritchie Goren

Kevin Weekes

Bob Essensa

Maxim ouellet, called up for like 3 games played badly and broke one of our better players foot with a slap shot.

Allkill,

Lighten up, I doubt bulis is sitting at home reading this thread.

Worst CDC Poster Line-up?

????? - cmpunk - ?????

ANY player who has made it to the NHL has accomplished more than you, or any of us, from a hockey standpoint. There is no need to rip on any ex or current Canuck to this extent.

We are supposed to be fans.

Edit: That said, I must add...

Messier - Messier - Messier

Just for his time here. Bad form, Mess, on and off the ice.

Sorry for being kind of hypocritical, CDC. I really love the Canucks, but the Messier era was close to the end of the franchise.

The Canucks have had some awful teams. I am sure there would be very few if any modern era players. That said it is hard to compare.

From 2000 onward, with a criteria of minimum 25 games in a Canucks uniform (players) and any goalie that has held at least a "back-up role" (no temporary third-string injury guys like Moss or Macintyre). Also no short-term rental players.

Josh Holden - Denis Pederson - Todd Warriner

12th overall, 13th overall, and 4th overall in their draft years. All three were busts who did little to nothing in a Canucks uniform.

Lee Goren - Byron Ritchie - Josh Green

Goren was really slow. Ritchie was small and struggled defensively and could not bring much physical presence despite his efforts. Green was OK defensively but did not bring much of a physical game and had no offense whatsoever.

Tyler Bouck - Alex Bolduc - Jeff Cowan

I actually liked Bouck, probably my favorite on the list. Zero hockey skill but an ok 4th liner who knew his role. Type in "Tyler Bouck vs Denis Gauthier". Bolduc was a good AHL player but didn't have enough in any area of his game to be an effective NHL player. Cowan was awful outside of his brief "Brabarian" run - a human punching bag on skates.

Tommi Santala - Marc Chouinard - Darren Langdon

To be fair to Santala he didn't get much of an opportunity but he was the classic overhype junk player during the Nonis era. Chouinard was probably the worst player on this. Horrific at both ends of the ice, slow as molasses and unlike a guy like Goren he brought zero physical presence. Langdon was an undersized goon, didn't mind him but he wasn't feared nor did he have any hockey skill.

Bryan Helmer - Steve McCarthy

Rob Davison - Justin Kurtz

Aaron Miller - Drake Berehowsky

Many of the real crap D we had over the years didn't hit 25 games and were deadline pick-ups. The only two who really deserve to be on the list are Berehowsky and McCarthy. Berehowsky was a 20+ minute, top 4, 30 point dman when we acquired him for a 2nd round pick. Berehowsky was ineffective, and the following year was averaging around 12 minutes per game before we traded him to Phoenix (with Pederson) for the deal that brought us Bouck, Warriner, and Letwoski (funny that 4 of those 5 players made my list).

We acquired McCarthy for a 3rd round pick and there was a little bit of hype being fairly young, a former first round pick and a BC native. He gave us 51 unspectacular games before asking for a trade and spilling to the media about problems in the dressing room. Bad form Mr. McCarthy.

Martin Brochu (started season as back-up)

Maxime Ouellet was our back-up for over half the year)

Neither one of these goalies had any sort of career after leaving Vancouver (although Brochure did get one NHL game, despite playing in the ECHL the same season). Both finished their careers in the lowly LNAH, Ouellet being only 27 when he hung them up. Keeping Ouellet behind an unproven goalie like Auld was a classic example of Nonis' horrid ability to manage his lineup.

Behold the team of expectations missed! (or the team of salaries lost)

Marco Sturm::Marc Chouinard::Jesse Schultz

Martin Rucinsky::Samuel Pahlsson::Fedor Fedorov

Geoff Sanderson::Mark Messier::Dan Woodley

Vladimir Krutov::Byron Ritchie::Andrew McBain

Eric Weinrich::Enrico Ciccone

Doug Bodger::Frantisek Kucera

Keith Carney::Marc-Andre Gragnani

Martin Brochu

Mika Noronen

I don't understand the point of this thread, as it only seeks to undermine our Canuck alumni, thus disrespecting them to a considerable degree.