70 replies to this topic

#61 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I'm just going to use players I actually know/remember with the stipulation that they've played three games at least with Vancouver.:

Brad Isbister ©- Marc Chouinard - Viktor Oreskovich

Martin Ruchinsky (A) - Fedor Fedorov - Kris Beech

Matt Pettinger - Brandon Reid - Jeff Cowan

Tyler Bouke - Richard Park - Lee Goren

Sven Butenschoen (A) - Zenith Komarniski

Tomas Mojzis - Sean Brown

Eric Weinrench - Keith Carney

Mika Noronen

Mixime Ouellet

I think they have a chance

A whole lot of Dave Nonis.

The Luongo deal was great. Willie Mitchell was a bit of a no-brainer signing, as was Anson Carter for the price. Taylor Pyatt for a fourth round pick was a good trade but nothing spectacular.

After lucking out with Carter Nonis refused to give him a decent salary. Even though much of his success was because of the Sedins, only Burrows with his one 35 goal campaign has surpassed Carter's 33. Nonis was finally successful in finding the Sedins a good fit after years and years of searching and yet low balls him during negotiations.

Other crap players:

Jan Bulis - Expected to play on our second line, failed miserably. Did not play in NHL again.
Jeff Cowan - A bad pick-up at the time, Cowan had a short successful run but was otherwise a skill-less, puching bag on skates.
Smolinski - Waste of a second round pick, 3rd line player who did little to nothing over 32 games (11 points in 32 games).
Josh Green - Mediocre 4th liner.
Rory Fitzpatrick - Absolute garbage depth dman who actually played fairly well here.
Richard Park - Did not play particularly well in Vancouver.
Tommi Santala - Not an NHL quality player, yet dubbed the best 4th liner in the league.
Marc Chouinard - Overpaid piece of crap player who was downright awful.
Steve McCarthy - Gave up a 3rd round pick for this terrible defenseman who ended up requesting a trade on bad terms.
Carney/Weinrich/Noronen/Brown - Gave up many draft picks for a bunch of crappy rentals. Noronen should have been acquired much earlier (sat on the bench as a 3rd stringer the entire year). Also Nonis reacted way too late when our dmen starting to go down. I am sure Carney/Weinrich were available a couple months earlier for the crazy price we paid.
Ouellet - Can't believe we had him as a backup for 70% of the year, especially when we had already lost our starter.
Brent Sopel - The Kings drafted Simmonds with the pick we traded for Sopel. Too much for a bottom pairing dman.
Brad Isbister - Proven to be a pretty useless player by the time we acquired him.
Byron Ritichie - Small crappy 4th line player.
Matt Pettinger - Not good enough to stick with the team. Matt Cooke was a pretty important piece for us over the past few years and brought a lot of energy.

Overall just horrible asset management by Nonis. Outside of Luongo he failed to address injuries, gave up way to much at the deadline for crap players and picked up way too many guys for roles that they were just not good enough for. Plus when he did have a player who worked in Anson Carter he decided to cheap out and not re-sign him.
Sig too big.

#62 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Good to see this in the spam thread. Please stop with the bullying on me.
Posted Image

#63 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

Tommi Santala - Not an NHL quality player, yet dubbed the best 4th liner in the league.

Tommi Santala was Aaron Rome before it was cool to be Aaron Rome.

Posted Image

#64 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Sean Brown wasn't that bad, same with Trevor Letowski.

Letowski - Chubarov - Cooke was one of the best 4th line the Canucks have ever iced.

3blms.png

#65 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Noo, I don't want to see spam about Gangnam Style. When Gangnam Style was out he was the biggest fanboy I've ever seen...

You missed my point, 911. It was a burn on allkill because that's all he talked about for months so I suggested he go listen to it and chill.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#66 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

You missed my point, 911. It was a burn on allkill because that's all he talked about for months so I suggested he go listen to it and chill.

No I saw your point, I was just hoping he would find another hobby. Like leaving CDC? :P

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#67 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Recent Canucks

Tanner Glass - Post-Injury-Malhotra - Dale Weise

Aaron Rome - Kevin Bieksa

Andrew Raycroft

Didn't he score a goal per game in the San Jose series, and send us to the Cup Finals in 2011? Yeah, you're right ... terrible player :rolleyes:

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#68 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Didn't he score a goal per game in the San Jose series, and send us to the Cup Finals in 2011? Yeah, you're right ... terrible player :rolleyes:

No player he / she / it mentioned played more than 3 years ago. Must be a long-time, knowledgeable Canuck's fan, KB3's Quote. Bieksa's terrible, right? The "D" sure doesn't look good without him tonight.

:blink:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#69 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

How has the name "Bernier" not appeared in this thread?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#70 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

No player he / she / it mentioned played more than 3 years ago. Must be a long-time, knowledgeable Canuck's fan, KB3's Quote. Bieksa's terrible, right? The "D" sure doesn't look good without him tonight.

:blink:

Of course not. Bieksa may not be stellar defensively but he's better than people give him credit for. His risky pinches are hit or miss, otherwise there's no question that he's a top 4 D-man in this league.

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#71 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Good to see this in the spam thread. Please stop with the bullying on me.

Please smarten up then.

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.