The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olver's hit on Tarasenko

poetica

With all of the talk about the recent Hansen suspension, what do you guys think of Olver's hit on Tarasenko that left him visibly dazed and bleeding from the mouth? It not only went unpenalized in the game, Olver didn't even get a call from Shanahan.

Dirty hit? Blindside? Legal play? Penalty? Suspension?

Personally, I don't see how that was not a blindside hit....

i really didnt understand this one, what was olver going to do if tarasenko didnt turn around at the last second? same question i asked of browns hit on Henrik last year.

Yes, tarasenko turned at the last second but olver was going to hit him regardless, so if Tarasenko didnt turn it wouldve been boarding and possibly a suspension if he hit his head on the glass, but since he turns and gets drilled in the face its not a penalty? crazy.

i really didnt understand this one, what was olver going to do if tarasenko didnt turn around at the last second? same question i asked of browns hit on Henrik last year.

Yes, tarasenko turned at the last second but olver was going to hit him regardless, so if Tarasenko didnt turn it wouldve been boarding and possibly a suspension if he hit his head on the glass, but since he turns and gets drilled in the face its not a penalty? crazy.

Doesn't matter if it was a blindside or not, I thought this was a good hit apart from the head-contact. Incidental contact to the head no matter what should be an automatic suspension. Should be a hit to the head 2 minute penalty, and because there was clearly no intent, anywhere between 1 to 3 game suspension.

Wasn't late, wasn't dirty, just a hit gone wrong and caught him in the head.

Archived