Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strombone1

[Approved] VAN's New NHL Realignment

172 posts in this topic

Why can't they just do the practical and simple decision in swapping out Nashville to the South East and Winnipeg to the Central division?

Why are Florida and Tampa grouped with teams further away than Washington, Carolina, etc...?

Should eventually be:

Calgary

Edmonton

Vancouver

Seattle -exp

Portland -phx

Aneheim

SJ

LA

Winnipeg

Chicago

St Louis

KC - cls

Dallas

Nashville

Minnesota

Colorado

Tampa

Carolina

Washington

Pittsburg

Philly

Nyi

Nyr

Nj

Detroit

Toronto

Markham/Hamilton- flo

Buffalo

Boston

Quebec

Montreal

Ottawa

THAT is an NHL I would like to see in the near future.

as long as the best 16 teams make the playoffs and you still have to win 16 games to win the cup i dont care how they mash it up

Western Division

Middle Division

Snowbird Division

Seaboard Division

This Wild-Card thing they are talking about would obviously just be temporary until Seattle/Quebec/Markham and Phoenix moving happens, that would fix the problems with unbalance divisions.

Why are Florida and Tampa grouped with teams further away than Washington, Carolina, etc...?

That pictures with the zones was pretty cool man thanks, It was neat to look at how far some teams are from the rest... re-alignment truly is going to be a pain in the ass without some teams relocating.

Why can't they just do the practical and simple decision in swapping out Nashville to the South East and Winnipeg to the Central division?

With the entire Pacific division rival entering our conference, claiming the division title would be even more difficult for us.

We have a losing record against the Pacific teams.

I just hope they dont call it west 1, West 2. East 1, East 2. I sure hope they give them names!! I also hope that we get to see each team play at least once (home and away) EVERY YEAR. I am tired of not seeing a team for 2 or 3 years at a time!

They need to add 2 expansion teams to this format to make it fair. Mathmatically, teams in the two divisions with one more team have a higher percent chance of getting into the playoffs. Travel is already enough of a disincentive to play out west - add in a smaller chance at making the post-season, and players will not be wanting to come to the west.

However, once Phoenix moves to Seattle, this format will be a bit easier to look at.

I just hope they dont call it west 1, West 2. East 1, East 2. I sure hope they give them names!! I also hope that we get to see each team play at least once (home and away) EVERY YEAR. I am tired of not seeing a team for 2 or 3 years at a time!

This realignment keeps Vancouver with the rest of the Pacific coast teams, as it should be, while still allowing it to play other Canadian teams, as it should be. What's with the hatred?

Where's Portland and Seattle?

For that matter where's Quebec City and Markham?

I don't like uneven conferences, even if they figure out a fair 4/5 crossover wildcard playoff solution.

As it is, with the 30 teams, the 15 team conference system should be continued. It's more fair and logical. Unless the NHL expands or contracts by two teams, they shouldn't change the conference system.

An easy fix would be to leave it as is, and switch Detroit to the East and Winnipeg to the West. Boom. Done.

Many people, myself included, have long figured Seattle and Kansas City were the next 2 teams to join the NHL. Looking at this realignment, it definately looks as though it is set up for those 2 cities to get teams over any others.

Seattle already has owners and infrastructure ready to go for a team within the next 3 years.

Kansas City has been a hockey town for a long time and is always tossed around the rumour mill as a destination for a NHL team.

I don't see Phoenix or Florida moving right now with a new buyer lined up to keep the Yotes in Glendale and with Florida being recently purchased as a pet project.

Many people, myself included, have long figured Seattle and Kansas City were the next 2 teams to join the NHL. Looking at this realignment, it definately looks as though it is set up for those 2 cities to get teams over any others.

Seattle already has owners and infrastructure ready to go for a team within the next 3 years.

Kansas City has been a hockey town for a long time and is always tossed around the rumour mill as a destination for a NHL team.

I don't see Phoenix or Florida moving right now with a new buyer lined up to keep the Yotes in Glendale and with Florida being recently purchased as a pet project.