The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Approved] VAN's New NHL Realignment

Strombone1

Personally not a huge fan of having uneven divisions, especially when there are 2 big divisions like this (for each conference) I think we should expand before switching into an alignment like this so the divisions are even,

Interested to see how this wildcard idea will work. Aswell as the playoffs, exc. To see if they are changing it from the last proposal or keeping it all the same.

From our perspective I kinda like it though, we will finally have some competition in San Jose and LA.

I don't like uneven conferences, even if they figure out a fair 4/5 crossover wildcard playoff solution.

As it is, with the 30 teams, the 15 team conference system should be continued. It's more fair and logical. Unless the NHL expands or contracts by two teams, they shouldn't change the conference system.

An easy fix would be to leave it as is, and switch Detroit to the East and Winnipeg to the West. Boom. Done.

The Coyotes are the only team in the proposed Pacific division that were "created" by Bettman. The Kings have been around since 1967, the Sharks since 1991, and the Ducks had already been announced to begin playing the 93 season before Bettman took over as commissioner. So, there you go, one single Bettman team. Not only that, the Sharks have one of the most dedicated fan bases in the league, have been selling out games for years. Sure, Kings fans come and go as the team does, but every LA team other than the Lakers is like that, it's a moody town.

about the shark fan base... i don't care if they have a couple of thousand die hard fans out there, but the truth is bay area is all about football and baseball. also you should ask yourself; are they actual hockey fans or just root for a playoff contender team?

How about we just keep it the way it is.... They can have Columbus and we'll take Winnipeg, there problem solved. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I think a whole realignment is idiotic, keep it simple.. What's up with all these major cities in the east and the west being so barren. lol Hurry up and build! If you build it they will come!

I am all for this realignment, but if anything was going to moved and keep things as they are, I would say give them Detroit and we take Winnipeg. This would make the map look better, but it doesn't matter as we are getting moved around.

i dont know why people dont think this is great for vancouver!?!?

our travel sched is greatly reduced.

we play in our time zone

we get every team at least once in vancouver. ie crosby, stamkos, ovi, etc every year

and for those thinking just switching detroit or cbj with winnipeg would be an easy fix. detroit has been promised an eastern move for years. and i just makes more sense all together

I realize that we're 4 pages in and this hasn't become a trade Lou thread, so sorry for breaking the chain. (note, I'm not trying to make this a trade Lou thread)

I just think it would be hilarious if he gets his dream trade to florida 2013-2014, then - 2014-2015, FLA reports they're relocating to Seattle.

Archived