The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Approved] VAN's New NHL Realignment

Strombone1

I realize that we're 4 pages in and this hasn't become a trade Lou thread, so sorry for breaking the chain. (note, I'm not trying to make this a trade Lou thread)

I just think it would be hilarious if he gets his dream trade to florida 2013-2014, then - 2014-2015, FLA reports they're relocating to Seattle.

i dont know why people dont think this is great for vancouver!?!?

our travel sched is greatly reduced.

we play in our time zone

we get every team at least once in vancouver. ie crosby, stamkos, ovi, etc every year

and for those thinking just switching detroit or cbj with winnipeg would be an easy fix. detroit has been promised an eastern move for years. and i just makes more sense all together

How about we just keep it the way it is.... They can have Columbus and we'll take Winnipeg, there problem solved. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I think a whole realignment is idiotic, keep it simple.. What's up with all these major cities in the east and the west being so barren. lol Hurry up and build! If you build it they will come!

I love the new alignment. Why? Because every single team will visit Rogers Arena at least once a year. The way they have it setup (I understand) is we would play each of the 6 other teams in our new conference 6 times, and every other team 2 times.

23 x 2 = 46 games

6 x 6 = 36 games

36+46+ = 82 games

So Toronto, Pittsburgh, Washington, Philly, Montreal, New York, Boston, etc. will all visit us once a year. GOOD! We lose Detroit, and Chicago... they only will visit 1x a year now. But we also dump Columbus, Nashville and Minnesota (thank god). No more crappy Minnesota games a bunch of times a year.

Yep. No more crappy ass division to let our boys coast into the playoffs (with our expectations sky high due to a great record) and lose to an 8th seed.

Oh wait, that's awesome.

I've learned that being a fan of the only good team in a crappy division isn't all that it's made out to be.

Archived