Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Sharks' Ryane Clowe suspended pending hearing with NHL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Clowe is getting old though.....

#32 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,353 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

A blackhawk getting proper punishment? Get real CDC, that'll never happen. The only way a blackhawk will get his dues is when a player takes a cheapshot on them. Too bad not many players want to take the risk of getting a 40 game suspension from hitting one of them.

While I don't like the idea of bench brawls, I do like that Clowe stood up for his teammate. Too bad it's a bigger crime to hop over the bench than it is to make a potential career ending hit...

Edited by BUREV, 24 February 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

small.png CDC Puck - New York Rangers

#33 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

if he gets 5-10 games then that's a joke. Shaw ran a guy from behind and gets away with a penalty with 8 seconds left (which means nothing) and clowe just grabbed him. Although he left the bench I would just give him a fine.

If this is the largest suspension then the NHL needs to work on their discipline.

The coach should tell Clowe what not to do from the bench though. Like jump over and cause an altercation or play the puck while on the bench.

Edited by MayRayDown, 24 February 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#34 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I thought Clowe was more mature. Oh well, he does have a great hand-to-puck skill.
Posted Image

#35 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Clowe is the one guy I'd love for the Canucks to sign this summer -- he's set to be a UFA still, right?

The Canucks have no cap space, it seems unlikely we'd be able to trade Luo without taking at least a few million back, and that would go straight to filling out our roster with the re-signs we already have to make - BARELY.

We'd have to both pay Booth's salary in a buyout and then turn around and overpay Clowe to convince him to come.

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#36 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

roid rage

Hey look Kass jumped Tootoo because he charged Tanev, I guess he roid raged too.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#37 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Clowe is getting old though.....

Old?? He is 30!! younger than either of the twins or Burrows, so I guess they must be OLD too!

#38 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

everyone wants a big tool .. ..

That's what she said!

Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "happycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#39 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,291 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Clowe is exactly what this team needs....

Do. It. Mg.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#40 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,222 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Tootoo, shaw and rinaldo(sp) are classless players in this league. They take runs and attempt to injury others.

#41 Take the Red

Take the Red

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

if he gets 5-10 games then that's a joke. Shaw ran a guy from behind and gets away with a penalty with 8 seconds left (which means nothing) and clowe just grabbed him. Although he left the bench I would just give him a fine.

If this is the largest suspension then the NHL needs to work on their discipline.

The coach should tell Clowe what not to do from the bench though. Like jump over and cause an altercation or play the puck while on the bench. https://www.youtube....h?v=daaU4QCM5MY

You can't fault the refs for calling a penalty with 8 secs left...because that's when it happened. You say it means nothing, but it would have if the Sharks scored.

Shaw got what was warranted, boarding. I don't think he should've been suspended, nor do I think these types of plays should result in suspensions unless the boarded player is injured and unable to return. If you start throwing suspensions around, then even more players will take dives; launching themselves into the boards.

I really don't see how Clowe gets a suspension unless he left the bench illegally, which, it was found that it was a legal line change. The NHL screwed up there. That being said, Clowe is an idiot. If Van got him, that will only help the rest of the league...I'd even ask the Hawks to send Carcillo your way too.

Edited by Take the Red, 26 February 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#42 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Bert got dinged for ten and all he did was hug the guy and swear at him.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.