The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sharks' Ryane Clowe suspended pending hearing with NHL

-DLC-

Yeah and Shaw gets away with nothing.

Clowe learned from the Keith Incident. Keith made the most dangerous and irrelevant play he physically could, causing dramatic injury to the reigning art ross winner. The Canucks didn't jump him, because they left it to the league to handle the suspension, and the league failed them with only 5 games.

So this time someone actually stands up to the blackhawks, only to have Shaw hide behind the refs and then the joke's on Clowe.

There's no way to win this game in this league, the league keeps their grubby claws digging just deep enough where they need to be to ensure the desired outcome while maintaining their precious story lines.

A blackhawk getting proper punishment? Get real CDC, that'll never happen. The only way a blackhawk will get his dues is when a player takes a cheapshot on them. Too bad not many players want to take the risk of getting a 40 game suspension from hitting one of them.

While I don't like the idea of bench brawls, I do like that Clowe stood up for his teammate. Too bad it's a bigger crime to hop over the bench than it is to make a potential career ending hit...

if he gets 5-10 games then that's a joke. Shaw ran a guy from behind and gets away with a penalty with 8 seconds left (which means nothing) and clowe just grabbed him. Although he left the bench I would just give him a fine.

If this is the largest suspension then the NHL needs to work on their discipline.

The coach should tell Clowe what not to do from the bench though. Like jump over and cause an altercation or play the puck while on the bench.

Archived