The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buffalo Sabres

Italia2006

It starts from the top. I think it's the owner's egerness to win that's part of their problem. Why sign and pay Ehrhoff and Leino to so much money? They've never been stars before.

At least there GM stole Hodgson from us. They need help at centre and on their D.

If I was Buffalo I would start to rebuild and hire back Ruff. Ruff is great with the young guys and cast away players.

They will continue to lose. It wasn't the coach that was the problem. They just don't have a very good team. A lot of small, soft forwards and a questionable D. They have some good pieces, but not enough to get them anywhere. I think they need to look at a few good trades. A partial rebuild maybe.

If you are looking to Buffalo for a trade partner, how about Tyler Myers? Everyone knows how big he is and that he has tons of potential. And actually delivered on that already. But as unlikely as it might seem that they would trade him, he really is at the deep end atm. He needs to find his groove. He's one of those who hasn't even been close to playing up to his level. Add a guy like Stafford, who also has been struggling big time this year, and we have a deal.

You can choose witch combo we send back. That would be grit.

As a sidenote. It's been funny to watch Vanek lead the league in scoring and Buffalo dragging their tail on the bottom. What potential they have in their lineup and no-one is able to step up and get the job done with him. I didn't even know Vanek could put up those kinda numbers, even if he got some quality help.

Archived