The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-SJ

Mason Raymond for Ryane Clowe

Clowes production has decreased lately and his contract expires at the end of the year as does raymonds. The sharks need speed and raymond obviously has speed. Sharks gain speed, Canucks gain toughness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl_RRqr3By8&noredirect=1

Im sure most people think this is ridiculous that he did this and that he is an idiot but i liked it. He might not have done it in the right way but he was sticking up for his teammate and we really need that.

He is tough and can score. Just because he hasnt scored yet this year doesnt mean hes done. Everyone has slumps. Look at raymond for example. But the thing with clowe is that he is always being physical and tough so even if he is a third liner, he will be solid. Low risk high reward trade

Well a ton of Sj fans want Clowe for Stafford, who's not much better than Raymond, but personally i wouldnt do it. Schroeder doesnt play very good without Raymond and the two are amazing together.... Maybe a pick and Booth for Clowe? they need some speed down in SJ

Yeah, and just cause we have alot of speed, doesn't mean we need to unload it, having that speed is a huge asset, especially when you consider alot of our bigger, gritty, more physical players bring that speed. (Kesler, Kassian, Booth, Hansen)

I would like to keep as much speed as we can personally.

Archived