The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 2014 Heritage Classic to be VAN/EDM

samirjaver

Sick!

I know how we all really want to be part of HBO 24/7 but, given how the Canucks are always on the cutting edge of off ice development of their players, I don't know that I'm comfortable having them exposed like that for other teams to see.

Obviously we wouldn't divulge our secrets on a documentary but even just seeing how we operate in the locker room may give other teams ideas that they would then adopt. And it would be an added distraction for our players. We have very few attention seekers on the team. They don't want to be exposed to the media like that. A locker room is sacred and it should remain that way.

I'm sure the Canucks will do a fantastic job of giving the fans access to all the Heritage Classic festivities. That's enough for me.

me too and if the league had a brain cell between them, that is exactly what it would be......unfortunately, the winter classic is controlled (as is the league) by American tv so this will never happen......shame, its best rivalry in hockey just now

Archived