The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 2014 Heritage Classic to be VAN/EDM

samirjaver

i think it's safe for me to say with confidence... Vancouver will never ever be in a winter classic... we really don't have the history to be part of one... Vancouver Chicago is just a good rivalry... there's literally no history between the 2 teams other than the last couple playoffs...

i think it's safe for me to say with confidence... Vancouver will never ever be in a winter classic... we really don't have the history to be part of one... Vancouver Chicago is just a good rivalry... there's literally no history between the 2 teams other than the last couple playoffs...

If Buffalo and Washington can be in one, so can we.

Also, we should face Ottawa instead. Two teams that have never taken part in these secial events. Edmonton and Calgary have already been in one with Montreal.

If they're considering Vancouver hosting the game in March, you know they're talking about BC Place with the retractable roof to be closed in the event it rains. Yes, I realize it wouldn't be a true outdoor game. However, we all know that these events are more about the corporate dollars that can be generated through more, higher priced seats, concessions, merchandise, tv, etc. than it is about nostalgia.

Chicago at Vancouver in a blue lit BC Place would be ideal. What a rivalry!!! Make sure we bring our 'A' game.

As a previous poster mentioned, Vancouver and Ottawa would work well for an all Canadian match up since they both have not partaken in such an event... or maybe Winnipeg.

But if Vancouver and Edmonton are ment to be, that will be fun too.

Archived