The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'94 or 2011? - for those fans that have experienced both...

Just Jimmy

Still bitter about 2011. I was 5 and devastated in 94, but I got over it. Had we won in 94, it would have been an upset and magic. We were supposed to win in 2011. The team just about crapped the bed in Round 1, and did in Round 4. We let Tim Thomas get into our heads (He had a ~2.5 GAA up to the finals, then a 1.14 GAA in the finals). I don't remember there being bitterness around the Rangers series, but I still hate Boston.

I didn't follow the team in 94, although I have watched clips and read about it. (Being a die hard Canucks fan) I'd have to say 11 in my opinion though, it was the team I have followed through fire. To watch it all crumble was tragic, the 94 series was simply an under dog story.. Meaning it wasn't expected, the 11 cup was- that's why it's all the more of a let down. We had the pieces to make it and we failed at the very last minute. *sigh* -_- Damn you and your crappy thread! lol

What about those of us that have been through 3?

1982 was unbelievable - the Cinderella team - but being kicked 4-0 in the Final, though not a shock as "the Canucks weren't even supposed to get there" was still a bit of let down.

1994 was magic but also tragic - the let down was huge and the riot made it even worse.

2011 was a travesty. Anger every series at the mistakes we kept making - astonished that we won each of the first 3 series...then to go up 2-0 on the Bruins to only lose was the worst feeling ever.

Still bitter about 2011. I was 5 and devastated in 94, but I got over it. Had we won in 94, it would have been an upset and magic. We were supposed to win in 2011. The team just about crapped the bed in Round 1, and did in Round 4. We let Tim Thomas get into our heads (He had a ~2.5 GAA up to the finals, then a 1.14 GAA in the finals). I don't remember there being bitterness around the Rangers series, but I still hate Boston.

2011 was very disappointing.. just a total bummer. Vancouver was ready to party and celebrate what appeared to finally be the Stanley Cup, only to let it wash away in a Game 7 that wasn't really close at all. After they went up 2-0 in the series, I honestly believed they had it.

The Rome hit on Horton changed the course of the series entirely.

2011 was very disappointing.. just a total bummer. Vancouver was ready to party and celebrate what appeared to finally be the Stanley Cup, only to let it wash away in a Game 7 that wasn't really close at all. After they went up 2-0 in the series, I honestly believed they had it.

The Rome hit on Horton changed the course of the series entirely.

Archived