The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pacioretty faces supplemental discipline hearing sunday

MayRayDown

Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty faces a hearing Sunday afternoon with the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety for an incident in a Saturday night game against the New York Rangers.

Pacioretty was assessed a minor for boarding Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh at the 7:20 mark of the second period of the game at the Bell Center. McDonagh left the game and did not return.

The Department of Player Safety will be examining boarding and/or charging infractions as the basis for potential Supplemental Discipline during the hearing.

Montreal won the game, 3-0.

i gotta say in regards to pacioretty, in recent hilight clips i haven't seen anyone remotely close to getting injured/have bad hits on them as much as pacioretty, i think the other teams' nhl players have a real hate on this guy.

If they suspended Pacioretty shouldn't they also have then suspended McDonaugh as well? I mean the hit on Pacioretty was just as bad and Pacioretty didn't even see McDonaugh coming. Both were hits from behind? I don't know this league confuses the hell outta me these days with it's suspensions. Oh, actually it always has.

Archived