63 replies to this topic

#1 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Why does AV only ever have one solution when he is displeased by Kassian's play?

Demoting him to the fourth line is not having the desired effect, but AV keeps on doing it anyways. Its become routine.

Try talking to the kid at least. Some in game tutelage might work wonders. Who knows?

One way or another I think this constant demotion thing needs to stop. Either you let him make his mistakes or you might as well send him back to Chicago. The situation has become ridiculous imo.

#2 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

POPULAR

If AV puts Weise on the 2nd line more time...

#3 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I agree, but we're stuck with AV and his dumbass decisions.

Even though Kass isn't playing the greatest he still shouldn't get demoted every mistake he makes.

Watch out for the AV lovers, you might get flamed.

Edited by TheGame., 24 February 2013 - 01:47 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#4 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

Meh, Kass still needs to be better. Until he is unfairly demoted, I wont complain.

#5 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,052 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm a big fan of AV, and am fine with how he has handled younger players. However, I agree that I think he is walking a fine line with Kass. First of all, I don't think kass is playing poorly, and, in fact, I think his play has been good, or better, than most of the vets. I get that he has to earn his ice time, but he is in danger of ruining his confidence

#6 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

If AV puts Weise on the 2nd line more time...

Painful to watch. AV's random line juggling almost never works.

#7 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

i can't honestly complain because i've never coached in the nhl...i'll go along with AV's decision making...

#8 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

AV does make some frustrating decisions .. Im just an arm chair coach , but there are a lot of things id do differently ..Its just tough to argue with his record ..

#9 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Kassian isnt competitive enough. Thats why hes getting demoted.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#10 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I want to win games and if kassian is coughing up the puck I would rather have him playing less minutes. He is actually my favorite player now but he needs to be sheltered when he's playing like this. If he can't handle consistent prime time minutes he is going to have to take those minutes in short stints when he's hot. It's better for him in the long run... We can't afford to lose games just because we think we can train the kid to be 2002 Bertuzzi in 2 months time. It just doesn't work like that when your team is a serious contender. He's only 22 and has plenty of time to earn those minutes.

#11 longsuffering

longsuffering

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm a big fan of AV, and am fine with how he has handled younger players.  However, I agree that I think he is walking a fine line with Kass.  First of all, I don't think kass is playing poorly, and, in fact, I think his play has been good, or better, than most of the vets.  I get that he has to earn his ice time, but he is in danger of ruining his confidence

I have been at most of the home games this mini-season and Kassian seems totally lost out there most of the time. He only performed well with the Sedins,(hardly surprising). He really needs to go back down to Chicago and get some real ice time and re-learn his positioning. He appears to be floating a lot of the time simply because he just doesn't seem to know where he should go and when. He would also get much better one-on-one coaching there.

#12 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,282 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#13 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

POPULAR

Since his hot start Kassian has been our worst forward by far. If it wasn't Hodgson he was traded for he wouldn't be cracking the lineup.

#14 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,393 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Since his hot start Kassian has been our worst forward by far. If it wasn't Hodgson he was traded for he wouldn't be cracking the lineup.

Yeah he's useless alright, it's not like he can hit and fight if he isn't getting points...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#15 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Av is useless
All hes gotten is back to back presidents trophies and us leading nw division. I want more
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#16 John Tortorella

John Tortorella

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Av is useless
All hes gotten is back to back presidents trophies and us leading nw division. I want more
"Oh, and torts is an amazing coach, a father figure type
Ex: yells at you motivates you, but tells you you're amazing and keep it up when you succeed, not AV, the guy that barely talked to his players
Torts will destroy the media hype and all the pressure they put on the players" Shredder 09:23 PM Friday July 5th

#17 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

Av is useless

Av is useless

we get it.
Believe in Schneider.

#18 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Av is useless

Some would argue with the lineup the Canucks have, a pylon could coach us to that.

I don't take that stance, but I'm sick of people saying 'this is good enough'.

#19 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

To be honest Kass has been kind of dull apart from his hits and fights.. so it was no surprise he was demoted to 4th.

#20 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah he's useless alright, it's not like he can hit and fight if he isn't getting points...

I didn't say he was useless. I said he was our worst forward. Weise and Lappy hit and fight too, but they also kill penalties and don't look lost without the puck.

#21 Cobra!

Cobra!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

With the additions of Booth and Kesler to the lineup, Kassian's kind of the odd man out. Unfortunatey zack's play had fallen off a bit around the time they came back. On other teams he may have had more of a chance in the top 6 to get his game back, but that's what happens on an elite team with a deep group of forwards. The internal competition puts everyone on a shorter leash.

I also can't help but wonder how you came to the conclusion the coaching staff hasn't talked to him or given him any guidance... That kind of thing happens off camera, beyond where the fans can observe.

#22 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

If Kassian keeps dropping the mitts and playing the body i can live with the odd mistake while he builds into the power forward we desperately need.
Kassian needs to work hard no nights off, move his feet.
I would imagine he will be fighting Tootoo at some point tonight, hopefully he does alright playing to his friends and family in the Joe.
I still think Kassian belongs with Twins and Burrows with Kesler but time will tell.

Edited by DaMacNamedDre, 24 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#23 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

AV is not the greatest with younger players because he is so used to coaching veteran players who are able to figure out the game on their own. You never see AV talking to the D, the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, etc. He rarely calls timeouts, and when he does, he doesn't even talk to the guys on the ice. This works well for the veterans who want to take ownership of the team and their play. However, the young guys are not capable of this. They need guidance and instruction but rarely get it from AV during games.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#24 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Av is useless

I'm sure almost any NHL coach would of done the same with the calibre of team he had., and our division is weak as hell.

Got any other reasons why he's so awesome and deserves an 8th year..........?

Didn't think so.

Edited by TheGame., 24 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#25 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

He is a young kid that is struggling with consistency.
Why set him up for failure?
Hold him back to wind him up and let him go.

AV knows what he is doing, we have players taking discounts to play under him.

He is challenging Kassian not holding him down.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#26 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Funny how all the Kassian fans, are now understanding how the Cody fans felt.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#27 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Funny how all the Kassian fans, are now understanding how the Cody fans felt.

I felt the same way with Cody, always felt like he should have got a chance on a line with Kesler but w.e

I love how the canucks always look so lost at some point in every game, great coaching.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#28 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Absolutely wrong!
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#29 campers11

campers11

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

I applaud AV's decisions, why should he break up lines that have chemistry just to insert a player that YOU want to see on the 2nd line. I like Kassian he is a beast but inconsistency is whats holding him back.
Posted Image Cred to "Keslers happy dance"!
RIP Luc Bourdon
Thank you linden.
No, thank you Chuck Norris.

#30 vwnuck

vwnuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I have been at most of the home games this mini-season and Kassian seems totally lost out there most of the time. He only performed well with the Sedins,(hardly surprising). He really needs to go back down to Chicago and get some real ice time and re-learn his positioning. He appears to be floating a lot of the time simply because he just doesn't seem to know where he should go and when. He would also get much better one-on-one coaching there.

i thought so to.. he doesn't seem very comfortable out there some times...i don't know if its what they are trying to get him to do.. but who knows..

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.