63 replies to this topic

#31 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,469 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Kassian has single-handedly lost the Canucks this game tonight. 3 powerplay goals on 3 brutal powerplays, 2 of which were Kassian. I don't agree with the goalie interference call but he just blew us over for the 5th goal. Horrible penalty on Tootoo that would have given us a powerplay at a crucial time in the game.

AV better scratch him for the next game to send this kid a message. He's been good, but 3 minor penalties has cost this team the game.
Posted Image

#32 BurrsArrows

BurrsArrows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Different coaching style?

#33 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

POPULAR

Kassian has single-handedly lost the Canucks this game tonight. 3 powerplay goals on 3 brutal powerplays, 2 of which were Kassian. I don't agree with the goalie interference call but he just blew us over for the 5th goal. Horrible penalty on Tootoo that would have given us a powerplay at a crucial time in the game.

AV better scratch him for the next game to send this kid a message. He's been good, but 3 minor penalties has cost this team the game.

Wut....a BS interference, a turtling Tootoo and a screaming bench = Kassian?

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 24 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#34 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Well the one with the goalie interference was the wrong call from the refs. What it should of been was high sticking and that's what I thought the call was going to be, but the refs called goalie interference instead which was the wrong call.

The one when he went after Tootoo I don't have a problem with it, you need players who will stick up for your players and to why Bieksa is a stud.

The third one I have a problem with if Kassian was yelling at the refs from the bench, no need for that.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#35 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Is it just me, or is Kassian playing on the power play? Yeah, AV hates him.

#36 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

You're a joke.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#37 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

2 penalties that he took that were hardly his fault is far from him single handedly costing us this game. Luongo is not playing great, Alex Burrows has had some really nasty give aways. Tanev who has been amazing all night gave Detroit a 5 on 3. Kassian has had more scoring chances tonight then anyone besides Daniel.

#38 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Maybe... just maybe

The point of rewarding/punishing Kassian is an incentive to get him playing consistent hockey?

If Kassian has an inconsistent shift/game why reward him with quality ice time?

If he knows he is gonna be in the bottom 6 for taking a shift off, hes going to be a lot more conscious about his effort level every shift...

#39 Shoot the Puck!!!!

Shoot the Puck!!!!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I also can't help but wonder how you came to the conclusion the coaching staff hasn't talked to him or given him any guidance... That kind of thing happens off camera, beyond where the fans can observe.

During the Toronto game on Saturday, they showed Carlyle talking to Kadri after a not so good shift....I can't recall the last time a Canuck forward was spoken to by the coaches during the game.

#40 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Tootoo Penalty was horrible!! Yes that did take us off the PP. So if I understand you correctly, it would be ok with you if Tootoo took a charge at one of our players and Kassian just stood there and did nothing. I think you would then be complaining that he didn't stick up for his team mate! The whole team played like cr@p. Even Luongo didn't have a great game. So if AV follows your suggestion we should just bench the whole team then and call up the farm?

#41 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

Kassian has pretty much played on every line. Give him some steady linemates and patience.

#42 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I had no problem with the penalty on Tootoo but he should have threw in some punches. I don't care if he was down, he deserved it.

Anyone watch Lucic crosscheck and punch weaver when he was down? that is how its done... send a message

#43 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,851 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Zack was our best player other than the twins and higgy tonite.

Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#44 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I actually liked Kassian's game tonight.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#45 KeslerBEAST

KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'd rather lose a regular season game and let kassian show that he won't let his team be pushed around than win and get pushed around. Canucks are pretty much guaranteed at least 3rd place i'll be fine with kassian losing us a game once in awhile (even though it wasn't really him losing the game, more like refs making him lose the game who calls a penalty on mouthing off to refs ???? everyone does it and we all know the goalie interference one was bull). Team needs to show some toughness in the regular season, if they can't then you know everyones gameplay against the canucks in the playoffs. The problem is that the canucks got scored on, you can't let your teammate who just stuck up for another teammate feel bad because he took a penalty and then got scored on. Kassian might end up shying away from sticking up for his teammates if he gets blamed for losing the game.

#46 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I had no problem with the penalty on Tootoo but he should have threw in some punches. I don't care if he was down, he deserved it.

Anyone watch Lucic crosscheck and punch weaver when he was down? that is how its done... send a message

but then it probably would have been a 5 min or double minor and actually cost us .

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#47 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Sometimes just don't post your thoughts.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#48 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

but then it probably would have been a 5 min or double minor and actually cost us .

imo there are penalties you don't mind taking during the regular season, this should be one of them

#49 rb4u

rb4u

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

AV knows what he is doing, we have players taking discounts to play under him.

Players are taking discounts to play with their teammates, the city and the organization.
Not necessarily to play for AV...

#50 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

maybe they give discounts so they only have to pay 20-40 minutes a night
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#51 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Sometimes just don't post your thoughts.

hahaha + 1

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#52 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Players are taking discounts to play with their teammates, the city and the organization.
Not necessarily to play for AV...

AV is part of this team and believe it or not is doing a lot of things right...

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#53 bahaazar

bahaazar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

I am a AV hater ... always have been.....he is the weakest link. If he isnt going to give Kass ice time then trade him. I dont think AV knows how to handle talent or motivate the canucks at critical times in a game.

#54 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

I am a AV hater ... always have been.....he is the weakest link. If he isnt going to give Kass ice time then trade him. I dont think AV knows how to handle talent or motivate the canucks at critical times in a game.

MAybe if Kassian didn't have a bad game he'd get ice time...

AV handles talent so poorly he's won two presidents trophys and a trip to the Stanley Cup finals. What a horrible coach... :picard:

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#55 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

IMO I don't think he's being moved around to punish him. He still had almost 15 miins of ice time. I feel that he is getting shuffled around to unlike Coho not give him the best chance to succeed but to be out in as many dif game situations as possible with players who won't have their offensive performance suffer while he learns the game. It was obvious the Sedins weren't as effective because of Kass's learning curve. He is better off learning the ropes in the bottom 6 and getting time on the PP and relief shifts in place of Burr after a PK to top up his TOI.

#56 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Maybe... just maybe

The point of rewarding/punishing Kassian is an incentive to get him playing consistent hockey?

If Kassian has an inconsistent shift/game why reward him with quality ice time?

If he knows he is gonna be in the bottom 6 for taking a shift off, hes going to be a lot more conscious about his effort level every shift...

Av's style is to demote or bench a player that makes a mistake...at least a new guy. It's one way to deal with young guys. There Some coaches (Tom Rene )talk to the young guys and explain what went wrong and try to educate them to be better players. Others chew them out on the bench (Carlyle on Kadri) and then send them out to do better (which he did).

Really effective coaches know how to motivate different players using different techniques.

I'm personally not a fan of the "demote or bench" style as it leads to players afraid to make a move in case they make a mistake. To me, that's what Kassian has looked like lately. He is an "on the edge" player and needs to have that passion and recklessness to be a force. Putting a chain aroudn his neck and tieing one hadn behind his back makes him a feline cat and a liability.

Lucic is intimidating and a force because he has the leeway to be an a$$hole and play on the edge. That's supposed to be the kind of player the Nucks have been lacking. Looks like AV is trying to turn Kassian into a clone of our numerous mid-sized, semi-talented good two way players that he likes so much. GREAT!@!!

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 24 February 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#57 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Av's style is to demote or bench a player that makes a mistake...at least a new guy. It's one way to deal with young guys. There Some coaches (Tom Rene )talk to the young guys and explain what went wrong and try to educate them to be better players. Others chew them out on the bench (Carlyle on Kadri) and then send them out to do better (which he did).

Really effective coaches know how to motivate different players using different techniques.

I'm personally not a fan of the "demote or bench" style as it leads to players afraid to make a move in case they make a mistake. To me, that's what Kassian has looked like lately. He is an "on the edge" player and needs to have that passion and recklessness to be a force. Putting a chain aroudn his neck and tieing one hadn behind his back makes him a feline cat and a liability.

Lucic is intimidating and a force because he has the leeway to be an a$$hole and play on the edge. That's supposed to be the kind of player the Nucks have been lacking. Looks like AV is trying to turn Kassian into a clone of our numerous mid-sized, semi-talented good two way players that his sometimes. GREAT!@!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#58 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

He is an "on the edge" player and needs to have that passion and recklessness to be a force. Putting a chain aroudn his neck and tieing one hadn behind his back makes him a feline cat and a liability.

Theres a difference between playing with an edge, and playing good responsible hockey.

The biggest knock on Kassian is consistency, so he gets rewarded (Sedin/Kesler time) when he plays well all over the ice.
If he plays poorly he sees Lappy centering him

#59 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

That's how douchebags do it, to bad Kassian is a class act, eh?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#60 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

He is a young kid that is struggling with consistency.
Why set him up for failure?
Hold him back to wind him up and let him go.

AV knows what he is doing, we have players taking discounts to play under him.

He is challenging Kassian not holding him down.

Noheart... Is that you?? Since when did you become reasonable and supportive?? :lol:

But spot on, I agree 100%. All I can say now is here we go again... The people on this city, man. Just support your team and get ready for the next game, that is all.

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 24 February 2013 - 11:31 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.