The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV and Kassian

Red Light Racicot

With the additions of Booth and Kesler to the lineup, Kassian's kind of the odd man out. Unfortunatey zack's play had fallen off a bit around the time they came back. On other teams he may have had more of a chance in the top 6 to get his game back, but that's what happens on an elite team with a deep group of forwards. The internal competition puts everyone on a shorter leash.

I also can't help but wonder how you came to the conclusion the coaching staff hasn't talked to him or given him any guidance... That kind of thing happens off camera, beyond where the fans can observe.

If Kassian keeps dropping the mitts and playing the body i can live with the odd mistake while he builds into the power forward we desperately need.

Kassian needs to work hard no nights off, move his feet.

I would imagine he will be fighting Tootoo at some point tonight, hopefully he does alright playing to his friends and family in the Joe.

I still think Kassian belongs with Twins and Burrows with Kesler but time will tell.

AV is not the greatest with younger players because he is so used to coaching veteran players who are able to figure out the game on their own. You never see AV talking to the D, the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, etc. He rarely calls timeouts, and when he does, he doesn't even talk to the guys on the ice. This works well for the veterans who want to take ownership of the team and their play. However, the young guys are not capable of this. They need guidance and instruction but rarely get it from AV during games.

He is a young kid that is struggling with consistency.

Why set him up for failure?

Hold him back to wind him up and let him go.

AV knows what he is doing, we have players taking discounts to play under him.

He is challenging Kassian not holding him down.

I have been at most of the home games this mini-season and Kassian seems totally lost out there most of the time. He only performed well with the Sedins,(hardly surprising). He really needs to go back down to Chicago and get some real ice time and re-learn his positioning. He appears to be floating a lot of the time simply because he just doesn't seem to know where he should go and when. He would also get much better one-on-one coaching there.

Kassian has single-handedly lost the Canucks this game tonight. 3 powerplay goals on 3 brutal powerplays, 2 of which were Kassian. I don't agree with the goalie interference call but he just blew us over for the 5th goal. Horrible penalty on Tootoo that would have given us a powerplay at a crucial time in the game.

AV better scratch him for the next game to send this kid a message. He's been good, but 3 minor penalties has cost this team the game.

Kassian has single-handedly lost the Canucks this game tonight. 3 powerplay goals on 3 brutal powerplays, 2 of which were Kassian. I don't agree with the goalie interference call but he just blew us over for the 5th goal. Horrible penalty on Tootoo that would have given us a powerplay at a crucial time in the game.

AV better scratch him for the next game to send this kid a message. He's been good, but 3 minor penalties has cost this team the game.

Maybe... just maybe

The point of rewarding/punishing Kassian is an incentive to get him playing consistent hockey?

If Kassian has an inconsistent shift/game why reward him with quality ice time?

If he knows he is gonna be in the bottom 6 for taking a shift off, hes going to be a lot more conscious about his effort level every shift...

Archived