The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Severely Over-Rated- Do We Really Want Him?

The Dark Knight

I agree a little that Kesler might be overrated. However you make him look like a fourth/third line center which he is not either.

With that Selke and 40 goals we all pictured Kesler a 1st line center, playing on a 2nd line in Vancouver. However I think Kesler is a 2nd line center, he's just playing with poor winger. That one year he scored a lot on the PP with the Sedins and could get it going offensively on his own, but now other teams don't pictures him as a defensive player anymore, therefore it's harder to create offensively by himself.

Yes, I made that comment last year when Booth was with Kesler and people were suggesting how Kesler needed a playmaking winger ??

Its the centres job to dictate who has a better chance to be in postion to score,whether its to his wingers,himself or using his dmen.

I suggested that they let Kesler play the wing with Booth,centered by Coho. (Kesler could take the important faceoffs) My logic was You had too fast abrasive guys who liked to shoot,let them compete with each other to be the best person to have that chance and let a smart playmaker like Coho distibute the puck.

All I heard was how Kesler was a #1 centre ,Selke winner and because the coach didnt try it, it was a silly idea- No one agreeing with me then, even though Kesler wasnt getting the same resuts then. Its easy for a team to defend,when they can expect what is going to happen ex. as a dman,why play the middle completely on a 2on1,get ready to move in front,and block the shot, same with the goalie making the SAVE

I wasnt putting Kesler down then either,just trying something to make him more effective,as teams were onto him.Alot of his 40 goals came on the pp with the Sedins,where he was very effective And Hank is a Centre

What is more sad? Someone like the op made a post like this or a considerable amount of people agree with the op in this thread?

It seems like that since Raymond and Ballard is playing well, Rome is gone and luongo is performing, the idiots in Vancouver have turn to a new target as their whipping boy. This time it's Kesler and kassian......

This is getting really old. Are we really having a discussion in cdc about whether Kesler belongs to the third line or second line?

What is more sad? Someone like the op made a post like this or a considerable amount of people agree with the op in this thread?

It seems like that since Raymond and Ballard is playing well, Rome is gone and luongo is performing, the idiots in Vancouver have turn to a new target as their whipping boy. This time it's Kesler and kassian......

This is getting really old. Are we really having a discussion in cdc about whether Kesler belongs to the third line or second line? It's like a bunch of idiots havin a meeting about what to do when the world ends in 2012

Yea I'm sure he's healthier but I still stand by him playing better because he's got linemates that want to work as a unit on the ice.

As far as Kesler's defensive play... well tt's hard to say anything positive about a guy that in 6 games has been on the ice for more GA than every other forward except Higgins (who plays on a line with him now so it's not even fair). He's getting hemmed in his own zone constantly too.

Not overrated but he isnt playing his position very well. As a centre, he should be utilizing his wingers more (nothing new there).

Not sure if he doesn't trust who he's playing with, doesn't see the ice well enough, or thinks he can do it himself. These are all fixable (or should be).

Your the idiot for not understanding the points stated and what is fact.

Fact: Kesler is not a strong center

Fact: Kesler dives to the point where the league actually took note of it

Now all we are saying is that we need someone with passing capability on that line and a guy that can add leadership to the team instead of poisoning it with BS like the diving.

As for Kassian, he is struggling as a rookie. Its not easy for some to be patient with him (me excluded) considering we gave up a guy that could score that definitive clutch goal when the rest of the team was flat.

Coming back from a serious injury, I fully expected his first 10 games to be fairly poor, and his next 10 to still be below average.

He hasn't been very good, but that should be expected at game 6. If he's still not playing well in April, then I'll start to get worried.

Those are not facts. They are your opinions that you are trying to spin as facts.

You know what are the facts?

Keslers is:

Our alt captain who was once considered to take over the captaincy from luongo

a strong two way forward with offensive upsides.

A selke winner and finalist in two other years

now you can use your opinions and express how you think a forward like Kesler isn't elite and belongs to the third line. But remember, it will always be your opinions. NOT facts.

Now before you waste any more of my time, remember to be able to tell the difference between opinions and facts.

Archived