The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Severely Over-Rated- Do We Really Want Him?

The Dark Knight

Update: He's become so injury prone it's not even worth it keeping him as an overrated player if he's just going to be an IR player. TIme for this organization to move on in the offseaoson and ship him out while he still has value.

The question is, Do we really need him? When he's constantly injured any never playing at 100 percent? He'll only get worse from here on out from wear and tear and will never be the same player he once was 2 years ago. We got to move on and start thinking objectively for whats the best thing for this club moving forward.

Is Kesler severely overrated by everyone? I feel like everyone views him as the selke 40 goal scorer but thats looking to be more and more like an anomaly. People will say he'll be a beast in the playoffs but the reality is that he only had one amazing series his entire career which was Nashville. Look at all the goals he's scored in the playoffs and you'll see that the majority of them came from that 1 series alone

Take away his 40 goal season and you can't even call him a 30 goal scorer.1 season does not define you, but it seems to have with this fan base. He's not even a elite level player offensively anymore and if you watch the games it's hard to argue. He can rarely create anything by himself anymore. His speed is not as effective as it was earlier in his career and his shot doesn't fool anyone no more.

Defensively he isn't as strong as he once was either. He's no longer a beast on the Penalty kill and he doesn't have the same defensive presence on the ice for this team. Maybe becaue he's trying too hard to create offense.

ON top of that he has some cocky diving arrogance that makes it's way throughout the league. Refs all view him with an attitude problem and an embellisher

Might be in the Canucks best interest to trade him for something if possible. He's also got so much wear and tear on his body that we should try and trade him while he still has good value.

Is Kesler severely overrated by everyone? I feel like everyone views him as the selke 40 goal scorer but thats looking to be more and more like an anomaly. People will say he'll be a beast in the playoffs but the reality is that he only had one amazing series his entire career which was Nashville. Look at all the goals he's scored in the playoffs and you'll see that the majority of them came from that 1 series alone

Take away his 40 goal season and you can't even call him a 30 goal scorer.1 season does not define you, but it seems to have with this fan base. He's not even a elite level player offensively anymore and if you watch the games it's hard to argue. He can rarely create anything by himself anymore. His speed is not as effective as it was earlier in his career and his shot doesn't fool anyone no more.

Defensively he isn't as strong as he once was either. He's no longer a beast on the Penalty kill and he doesn't have the same defensive presence on the ice for this team. Maybe becaue he's trying too hard to create offense.

ON top of that he has some cocky diving arrogance that makes it's way throughout the league. Refs all view him with an attitude problem and an embellisher

Might be in the Canucks best interest to trade him for something if possible. He's also got so much wear and tear on his body that we should try and trade him while he still has good value.

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pure idiocy. Win= team of all stars...lose= team of overrated bums.

Even pointing this idiocy out is getting tiresome. How do people not see how stupid comments like that are after a loss?

Look at Kesler's numbers without playing on the Sedin line. He's at the top of the list every year anchoring the second line.

How are burrows numbers when he's not playing with hank and Danny ?

Kesler is a selke trophy winning power forward coming off a summer and half season off. Get a grip

The people face palming are the ones that need a reality check. Kesler has been terrible since he got back. I'm not gonna make excuses for him, he has been terrible defensively and all he does is try to skate in the zone and do his usual "wrist shot" which get block 99% of the time.

The people face palming are the ones that need a reality check. Kesler has been terrible since he got back. I'm not gonna make excuses for him, he has been terrible defensively and all he does is try to skate in the zone and do his usual "wrist shot" which get block 99% of the time.

Just got back from major surgery so I can cut him a litttleee slack but my patience is also dwindling. He's still a solid 2nd line center, just needs his groove back. I don't think he'll be as good as he was during the 40 goal season but his defensive game needs to pick up.

Your a moron.

Just back from off season surgery

Shortened training season

End of a road swing after playing hard three games in four nights

Before tonight only one pp goal against on the road trip

Team is just starting to gel missing their top offensive minded passing D man

THE SKY IS FALLING! Quick go tell everyone............

Seriously. WTF? Go cheer for a different team !

yes this is obvious. kesler is a decent checker who thinks he is an all star. he should be a third line checking centre and play his role as he can. his wrist shot and cement hands are simply painful to watch. couldn't agree more with the OP as I have been thinking this since he got his new contract.

he should have been traded instead of hodgson and then hodgson takes the second line role but mg didnt have the balls to probably even consider that.

Archived