The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Severely Over-Rated- Do We Really Want Him?

The Dark Knight

You can't ignore that he won the Selke and scored 40 goals. Not many players in the league score 40 goals - esp in the Western conference. Will he score that many again? Who knows. But there's no question he has to find his game again, both defensivly and offensively. He has the 2nd highest cap hit of all forwards, they pay him to be an all around player. I haven't seen him play a consistent all around game since 2010-11. Yes, he was injured. Join the club, how many Canucks were injured after the Cup finals run and played injured the next yr.

But my biggest concern with Kesler is his embellishing. It's out of control IMO. I would suggest there is a larger trend of embellishing in the league - particularly this season. But the Canucks have a reputation (deservedly or not) with the officials for it, and his leg/arm/head throws on the ice don't help his team. It's killing the team. Killing them, they are NOT getting the calls. He has to stop it, someone on the team/management has to talk to him.

Lets all forget his 40 goal season

Lets all forget his multiple 70 point season

Lets all forget he doesnt play on the first line

Lets all forget he signed for 2.5 mill less than he woulda gotten from other teams

Lets just forget that we became a dominate team in this league when he became better than everone thought he was going to be

Shame on all of you

in 2011 kesler was the main reason we beat Chicago as well. He tirelessly kept the Hawks best players off the scoresheet.

In SJ I tied the game that got us to OT (that we won to get to the finals) on one leg.

He's okay and I would never lose him without a great return coming back

He still hasn`t been the same since his groin injury.

This is the stuff that scares me.

Naslund was never really the same since the Moore injury.

Bertuzzi, suffered a back injury near the end of the 2003 season. Was never the same either.

Kesler is slacking right now. Maybe its early for him. Very early, but I hope we see the 2011, maybe not that, even the 2010 or 2009 version of him, will be a huge boost. He is a very important player for us, one of the most important player, and it was his groin injury that prevented beast mode Kesler in the STanley cup finals.

He still hasn`t been the same since his groin injury.

This is the stuff that scares me.

Naslund was never really the same since the Moore injury.

Bertuzzi, suffered a back injury near the end of the 2003 season. Was never the same either.

Kesler is slacking right now. Maybe its early for him. Very early, but I hope we see the 2011, maybe not that, even the 2010 or 2009 version of him, will be a huge boost. He is a very important player for us, one of the most important player, and it was his groin injury that prevented beast mode Kesler in the STanley cup finals.

I remember when we traded Linden away and when the oilers Traded Smyth. There are certain players you just shouldn't trade. They are Canuck or team identity material only. Kesler has the potential to be that guy. I almost rather see him with the C. It would put him in the mind set you all want him to be in.

I remember when we traded Linden away and when the oilers Traded Smyth. There are certain players you just shouldn't trade. They are Canuck or ipTeam identity material only. Kesler has the potential to be that guy. I almost rather see him with the C. It would put him in the mind set you all want him to be in.

lol He just came back after a serious injury... Give him a chance to return to form.

Last season was sub par for him, yes. But don't go all jumping the gun because of a loss to Detroit, brutal loss yes.. But let's move on, regroup and get ready for next game. Simple as that!

I'm surprised people aren't going in on Lu, guess I prefer Kes for a change. Better believe he'll step it up and own up to the criticism though, so don't hang on to those words for too long! :rolleyes:

Am I the only one in the world who can recognize that he is a "winger" not a "centre" - put him along the boards where he belongs and put a creative centre with him.....you know, someone who actually can vary his pace, pass the puck....oh yes, and not keep on diving!! Its embarrassing.

I wasn't even going to comment on this,until I saw our record posted again as an argument, (I still wont respond directly to the post)

#1- Not sure this is an argument to be made,as Kesler wasn't in many of those games and whether its 10-4-4 or 10-8 as others mention,

#2 - I wish people would quit stating that, With only 1 outright win against a playoff Team from last year, and that was the 1-0 game against Nashville. , only 1 win is cause for some concern

Archived