The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Severely Over-Rated- Do We Really Want Him?

The Dark Knight

Been singing the same tune for over three years now. The demise of Umberger, the demise of Hodgson, most likely Schroeder is next. He seems to play an entitled game and that goes against team play. He doesn't pass, thereby eliminating the effectiveness of his line mates and then fans jump on whoever are Kesler's line mates and lash out on them.

As you say, his value is still very high but he does have an NTC. I'm sure he'd exercise his NTC to block a trade anywhere. He's that kind of team player.

If he realized that he is the best 3C in the game and stick with it, my o' my would the Canucks be even more successful than they currently are. About playing time, he would be called upon to take on the best the NHL can offer on a nightly basis.

I clearly remember when he was on the third line, his defensive plays were cheered by the crowd as much as a great save by our goaltender or a great defensive play by one of our defensemen.

H. SEDIN

LECAVALIER

KESLER

LAPIERRE

This would be effectively unstoppable.

the older guys save themselves for the playoffs a bit.

do you want the usual injured kesler in the playoffs, or one that can actually give it all at the right time (not the regular season like he used to).

wait and see, he will be back, so will bieksa. don't know if this year is the year for a run, but we've got a chance.... these 2 won't be why it doesn't happen, all I'm sayin...

Kesler is indeed overrated, when he's not playing with the Twins on the PP.

Seriously, most of his points have come off the man advantage, when he's getting beauty passes from Henrik or Daniel or Ehrhoff or Edler. The guy can rarely carry the offence by himself. Blame his linemates all you want, but star players make their linemates better, and Kesler has never really shown that.

You can bring up the Nashville series, but he basically took advantage of Weber and Suter double shifting the entire series.

If Gillis knew he was that banged up there was no way Kes should have played past February.

I don not understand why they made him play and pretend like the team was a contender with Dan out with a concussion ,to boot.

Pretty sad they did not protect these two better,IMO.

This isnt even about the loss, not one bit.

This is about the DIVING...that classless act which makes me want to reach through the tv and slap some sense into Kes.

The lack of leadership on this team is blatent when Kesler is still diving like hes training for Sochis' 10 m.

Henrik is too scared to hurt feelings. AV doesnt want to lose his job because you know Kesler whines when any criticism comes his way.

Imagine if we had Doan as Captain, he wouldnt accept this cowardly act.

If Kesler's bad attitude doesnt give him that warrior edge..and only gives cowardly dives I SAY TRADE HIM.

*** This is also coming from someone who has always stood by Kesler, he was once my favorite Canuck. Enough is enough!

Guest Pinchin

Overrated? By some perhaps. 40 goal scorer? Well...a one time 40 goal scorer. I would say for the contract he is good deal and given he is a 25 goal scoring defensive forward he is going nowhere until he wants out. I would caution you away from judging a fan base by a forum, people's opinions and reality are rarely congruant. Overrated by some, underrated by others, loved by some and hated by others. Diver, embellisher, whiner, stud, whatever you think is what think...

Archived